UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Loki said:

Is it online somewhere?  Had a sudden thought "I bet you those two would have had a belter".

Not that I can see. Only one I can see too. Been through WCW 96-2000 and WWE 2002-04. Stunned they were in WCW together for that long and didn't wrestle again. Benoit and Rick had a few matches over the TV Title but that's not nearly the same.

Just now, tiger_rick said:

Found 1 at a Worldwide taping in April 1998.

That's the only singles encounter they had.

Not including Royal Rumbles and World War III Battle Royals, according to wrestlingdata, they were on opposite sides of the ring only 13 times during their career.  Seven times in New Japan, once in ECW and five times in WCW.

Wrestlingdata - Steiner vs Benoit

I did a quick scout of the WCW Worldwide listings for 1998 and it doesn't look like that singles match aired at all.

Edited by Magnum Milano

Cathing up on some of the highlights of the past couple of years and I'm sure I remember reading about a Cody, Dustin tag match from one of the early AEW shows that was raved about a year or so ago? Itcould've happened in WWE for all I know, so may not have been AEW.

Does anyone know which match this would've been, or am I mis-remembering and actually just thinking of the Cody - Dustin match?

• Paid Members

Cody vs Dustin was about this time last year and absolutely raved about. The post-match angle ("I need my older brother") was the lead-in to the match with the Young Bucks, which was also raved about. The build was fun, with the Bucks mocking the Rhodes, but the match was resoundingly okay-at-best.

• Awards Moderator
28 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Zack Ryder has won the tag and IC titles at WrestleMania. Has anyone ever done the full WrestleMania triple crown?

Seth Rollins won the WWE at 31, the IC at 34 and the Universal at 35, that’s a triple crown of sorts.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

2 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Seth Rollins won the WWE at 31, the IC at 34 and the Universal at 35, that’s a triple crown of sorts.

Ah, thanks! Has nobody done the world title, midcard title, tag title yet? It seems like it should’ve been easier to accomplish, given that each tier has had two titles for most of the last twenty years. Like Seth, Daniel Bryan’s a tag title away from doing it.

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Ah, thanks! Has nobody done the world title, midcard title, tag title yet? It seems like it should’ve been easier to accomplish, given that each tier has had two titles for most of the last twenty years. Like Seth, Daniel Bryan’s a tag title away from doing it.

Doesn’t look like it! Other than Bryan, here’s what I could find for people who could feasibly manage it:

Brock Lesnar won the WWE at 19 and the Universal at 33.

John Cena won the US at 20 and 31, World at 25 and the WWE at 21, 26 and 29. 

Undertaker won the WWE at 13 and the World at 23 and 24.

Rey Mysterio won the World at 22 and the IC at 25.

Kane won the Hardcore at 17 and the ECW at 24 (if you count that as a world title).

Seems like the tag titles very rarely change hands at Mania, looking at all the results, which might be partly why nobody’s managed it yet. And of the people who could do it, you’re looking at Rollins, Bryan, or Mysterio beyond the part-timers who are very unlikely to be put in a tag title match at Mania.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

In some ways, Bret Hart comes really close - he's wrestled as tag team champion, and also won both other major titles at Wrestlemania. If we change the criteria to 'holding the titles' at Wrestlemania, who else gets added?

EDIT: Cena does, with Wrestlemania 23. Arguably, HBK too, although it's disputed.

Edited by Chris B

4 hours ago, Chris B said:

If we change the criteria to 'holding the titles' at Wrestlemania, who else gets added?

EDIT: Cena does, with Wrestlemania 23. Arguably, HBK too, although it's disputed.

If criteria changes to holding the titles at Mania, there are quite a few.

Bryan - defended the tag titles in 2013, won the world title the following year, and the IC the year after. 

Rollins will, if he’s still tag champion by then.

Miz was US and tag champion at Mania in 2010, and WWE champ the following year.

Rey, in addition to his Mania world and IC wins in the post above, was tag champion in 2005 with his opponent, Eddie Guerrero.