UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Did Hogan always have creative control? I know he was able to get in Vince’s ear with the odd “that doesn’t work for me brother”, but did he specifically have it in his contract that he could veto ideas, or was that something that officially gained once he signed with WCW?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I've seen a few mentions of HHH being demoted, but that's the sum of what I've heard about it. Are there any more details about what's happened there? 

• Awards Moderator
8 hours ago, WeeAl said:

I've seen a few mentions of HHH being demoted, but that's the sum of what I've heard about it. Are there any more details about what's happened there? 

His job title changed from exec VP of talent to head of developing markets (I'm paraphrasing). Reddit latched onto it as a demotion when it's sideways if anything. He then referenced it on commentary last week, saying "I'm the only guy that gets demoted and has more work to do." 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

His job title changed from exec VP of talent to head of developing markets (I'm paraphrasing). Reddit latched onto it as a demotion when it's sideways if anything. He then referenced it on commentary last week, saying "I'm the only guy that gets demoted and has more work to do." 

Ahh right, thanks for this Onyx. I guess that does give him a lot more work and responsibility in the interim with NXT Japan, NXT UK/Europe and I'm sure they want a Latin American equivalent too. It doesn't have the historical cache of being the 'right hand man' though that something like head of creative, head of production or VP of talent relations does. It'll be interesting to see what the succession plan truly looks like, when it comes to pass

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Cheapheat said:

Does anyone know when or in what match Jushin Lyger Debut the SSP?

Thanks if you can help.

This is from a match with Naoki Sano in 1990 but it’s the only footage coming up when I search; 

But from what I can tell he debuted the move against Masakatsu Funaki in 1987. So must’ve been right at the start of his run with the Liger gimmick. 

On 3/21/2020 at 1:51 PM, wandshogun09 said:

This is from a match with Naoki Sano in 1990 but it’s the only footage coming up when I search; 

But from what I can tell he debuted the move against Masakatsu Funaki in 1987. So must’ve been right at the start of his run with the Liger gimmick. 

It mentioned in the observer this week that he debut it in 87. I thought it would be a well remembered moment but seems to have been an under the radar thing I guess. Thanks for taking your time looking. Appreciated.

I’ve been browsing some Crockett-era WCW on the Network this week, and I’m a bit confused by the TV shows they would have been producing at the time.

If I understand correctly, Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling is the original TV show that eventually turned into WCW Pro, while World Championship Wrestling is the show originally produced by GCW, was sold to Vince, and then onto Crockett, right?

On the Network, a lot of these shows have the same air date. So for instance, in 1985, both Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling and World Championship Wrestling aired on November 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th and so on.

Was Crockett producing two shows featuring the same wrestlers airing on the same day, or has the Network got the dates wrong?

Just now, Slapnut said:

I’ve been browsing some Crockett-era WCW on the Network this week, and I’m a bit confused by the TV shows they would have been producing at the time.

If I understand correctly, Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling is the original TV show that eventually turned into WCW Pro, while World Championship Wrestling is the show originally produced by GCW, was sold to Vince, and then onto Crockett, right?

On the Network, a lot of these shows have the same air date. So for instance, in 1985, both Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling and World Championship Wrestling aired on November 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th and so on.

Was Crockett producing two shows featuring the same wrestlers airing on the same day, or has the Network got the dates wrong?

The first episode of World Championship Wrestling debuted on 6 April 1985, replacing the WWF on TBS which had occupied the time slot since ‘Black Saturday’ in July 1984.  At least for the first few years the shows were taped on the Saturday morning at the Techwood Studios to air that night.  The exception would be during football season when WTBS needed the studio for the live college football scorecard, at which point the wrestling was taped on the Sunday morning to air the following Saturday.  In addition to the World Championship Wrestling show, they would also tape a one hour Championship Wrestling show to air at 08:00am the following Saturday (it debuted 13 April 1985 having been taped directly after the 6 April episode of WCW) and in later years a World Championship Wrestling: Sunday Edition show from the studios, all featuring exclusive matches (mainly squashes) and following a similar format of this main Saturday evening show.

As well as the shows taped at Techwood Studios, JCP also had two lots of syndicated television to be sent out around the country, Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling and Worldwide Wrestling.  They would tape both shows weekly at the same venue, usually somewhere in the Carolinas (Spartanburg, Shelby, Greenville etc), approximately four days earlier.   These shows would then air on the Saturday, so the same day as the main TBS show.  Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling was eventually replaced by NWA Pro Wrestling, debuting under that name on 7 June 1986.

There is an issue with the Network’s datings for Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling being out by a week, but I won’t detail that here

The short answer to your question is yes, and it's possible (with Championship Wrestling and Worldwide) that a wrestler could appear on four different JCP shows on the same day.

Edited by Magnum Milano