UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

16 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Shouldn't Bret Hart count as a Grand Slam winner? What's he missing to qualify?

He was never European Champion

He is a Triple Crown champion but when the European Title was introduced that was needed to be classed as a Grand Slam Champion

29 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

He was never European Champion

Most of the Grand Slam Champions weren't. The requirements have been updated over the years to include other titles in place of the defunct European. Why do Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan, for example, count but Bret doesn't?

5 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Most of the Grand Slam Champions weren't. The requirements have been updated over the years to include other titles in place of the defunct European. Why do Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan, for example, count but Bret doesn't?

Presume its because the European tidal was retired in 2002 and thus never available for Roman and Bryan to win, whereas Bret was still in the company in 1997 when it was first established.

21 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Presume its because the European tidal was retired in 2002 and thus never available for Roman and Bryan to win, whereas Bret was still in the company in 1997 when it was first established.

Yeah the Goalposts have moved somewhat since Bret left

The hardcore title came in to be an acceptable substitute for the European title

Since then a few years ago they changed it again to the 4 main titles (WWE/Universal, IC, US, Tag title) which is why Brayn and Reigns count 

Although didnt Bret win the US title for a couple of days in 2010?

So in actual fact he probably should qualify anyway now under those rules

And technically he should have anyway as he won the US title in WCW anyway and the title lineage does include those Reigns but even discounting those his WWE US title win should have qualified him 

So I guess I dont know why he isnt included in the Grand Slam list

• Awards Moderator

Is it something silly like the Tag Titles’ lineage now officially only starts in 2002? 

I think canonically, when they unified the World Tag (the originals) and Tag (SmackDown) titles in 20whenever, then when those became the Raw titles and SmackDown got more new ones in 2016, they ceased to include any pre-2002 reigns in the history - currently on WWE.com the Raw titles go back to 2002, the SmackDowns to 2016, even though the former can link all the way way back.

So maybe Bret’s reigns with Anvil no longer count?

5 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Is it something silly like the Tag Titles’ lineage now officially only starts in 2002? 

I think canonically, when they unified the World Tag (the originals) and Tag (SmackDown) titles in 20whenever, then when those became the Raw titles and SmackDown got more new ones in 2016, they ceased to include any pre-2002 reigns in the history - currently on WWE.com the Raw titles go back to 2002, the SmackDowns to 2016, even though the former can link all the way way back.

So maybe Bret’s reigns with Anvil no longer count?

Yeah that's exactly right. When they unified the two belts, the original one that became the World Tag Team Titles and the new WWE Tag Team Titles from Smackdown 2002, they chose to keep the lineage of the newer belt. I've got no idea why past wanting to save a few Kb's on their website list, then those belts became the RAW Titles and Smackdown got new ones in 2016. They did the same with the Women's and Diva's titles as well in 2010 or 11, they chose to keep the Divas title active although as that was the current branding for the ladies I did understand it a little more. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, eugenespeed said:

The In Your House shows, I'm aware they were reduced price PPVs, but were they shown live or recorded to be broadcast later? 

Live, with the exception of beware of dog which was a mix of both due to power outages. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Who's taller out of Scott Hall and King Corbin?

In his prime I would say Scott Hall was as tall a Corbin. He has lost a good inch in height though so Corbin will  be taller. 

Wasn't Big Show signed to a ten year deal when he left WCW? How come he left at the end of 2006? Did they just give him time off as his back was fucked or did he properly leave? 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Pogue said:

Wasn't Big Show signed to a ten year deal when he left WCW? How come he left at the end of 2006? Did they just give him time off as his back was fucked or did he properly leave? 

He was fucked, out of shape and wanted to try boxing. David Bixenspan (who I appreciate can be a polarising figure) did a great piece on it here https://www.sbnation.com/longform/2016/1/20/10785762/paul-wight-wwe-boxing

As Hogan is involved I take some aspects with a pinch of salt, but it makes for an interesting read if you have some time.