UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Oh, absolutely. Living in Britain, but not the UK, I find myself explaining that on a very regular basis.

Not to be a pedantic twat, but isn't 'Britain' (or Great Britain?) the actual island? 

Like yourself, I also live on an island (albeit only just off the coast of Wales) but I'd say that both Anglesey and Jersey are parts of of the British isles but don't actually "live on Britain."

Anyone remember the old UWA Wrestling Rampage on Live TV?

I am trying to find out the dates and locations of their TV tapings.  I have April 11th 1999 for their first one at Crystal Palace.

I am sure they did one in Blackpool in July and then one in Barking sometime after that.  I have a vague memory of them doing another one at Crystal Palace and that they possibly did 2 in Blackpool  (they had 4 shows there booked, but I seem to recall they didn't all happen).

Anyone know/remember ?

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, The Dart said:

Anyone remember the old UWA Wrestling Rampage on Live TV?

I am trying to find out the dates and locations of their TV tapings.  I have April 11th 1999 for their first one at Crystal Palace.

I am sure they did one in Blackpool in July and then one in Barking sometime after that.  I have a vague memory of them doing another one at Crystal Palace and that they possibly did 2 in Blackpool  (they had 4 shows there booked, but I seem to recall they didn't all happen).

Anyone know/remember ?

11 April 1999 is correct for the first Crystal Palace one.

Blackpool then had two shows (afternoon and night) on 10 June 1999.

There was then a show held under the UWA banner in Grimsby that September, with Kerry Cabrero, Stevie Knight, Danny Royal, Jonny Storm, Jody Fleisch, Phil Powers, Drew McDonald and Dirtbike Kid, but I think this was just a local 'house show' (probably promoted by Knight, thinking about it) rather than a taping.

I don't think they lasted any longer than this, and they were certainly gone going into 2000 and were effectively replaced by UCW (who held their first show that July at Goresbrook Leisure Centre, iirc).

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 10:53 PM, PunkStep said:

I heard somebody mention recently that Ilja Dragunov is the first Russian-born wrestler signed to WWE. Is that true? There must've been one Russian at some point? Looking at those billed from Russia:

Uncle Ivan- American. Nikolai Volkoff- Croatian. Boris Zhukov- American. Kozlov- Ukrainian. Peter Orlov- Moldovan. Lana- American/Lithuanian.

Anyone in developmental before from Mother Russia? Must be somebody. 

Turns out there is.

I'm slowly converting my Observers over to pdf and was just reading about Anna Bogomazova.  Born in Voronezh, Russia, she signed with the WWE in 2012 and worked in NXT under the name Anya.  According to cagematch she only had five matches, before breaking her arm in a practice session and being cut in May 2013 (courtesy of wiki).  Was also a former competitive kickboxer and Tae Kwon Do fighter.

On 1/30/2020 at 9:25 AM, BomberPat said:

You're right, the British Isles is what I should have said. Geographically speaking, Britain is the mainland. 

Isn’t that “Great Britain” as in the largest of the British Isles? Britain includes all the islands although the term British Isles is very seldom used now because of the potato wogs. 

17 minutes ago, AshC said:

Who is this Ryan Satin, where has he come from? Half the top wrestling tweets now seem to be from his account.

He’s a fucking cretin. I blocked him last year when he revealed a winner of a match during Wrestlemania and then tried to hide behind it. Cunt.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Since PPVs were established as the big shows, who has made their first WWE PPV appearance in a main event? Razor Ramon did it in 1992 at Survivor Series. Has anyone else? Can't think of any off the top of my head.

The Nexus lads first PPV match was the main event of Summerslam, wasn't it?

Actually, they appeared at the previous two PPVs doing run-ins so not sure if they count.

Edited by Lorne Malvo