UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

But it seems to weird to carry on that precedent after that fact. It goes back to '96, so it's odd practice that they just carried on that branding for over a year. You'd think after the first event debuted under a different name, they'd just revert to the WWE's names but they just stuck to the course. 

I'm summoning @herbie747 to the thread. Maybe he'll have the inside scoop.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

I don’t know about home releases, but seem to recall Elimination Chamber being carried under a different name in Germany as they’re not too fond of words like “chamber” there.

It was branded as No Way Out in Germany in the first instance of Elimination Chamber, but they've since rebranded it as "No Escape". 

EDIT: What Pat said, beat me to it! 

Edited by mim731
Slow

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

I don’t know about home releases, but seem to recall Elimination Chamber being carried under a different name in Germany as they’re not too fond of words like “chamber” there.

Weirdly enough, the Chamber collection DVD is named 'Satan's Prison' in North America but was released over here as 'Iron Will', which always struck me as odd as I'd expect that to be the other way round considering America's shakeyness towards religious/satanic iconography.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
On 9/4/2019 at 11:35 AM, simonworden said:

He was definitely using it that way post WM22 but then I don't recall it being used from after the DX reunion of 06 until he became an onscreen authority in 2011.

On 9/4/2019 at 3:28 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

Didn’t he use it at the Backlash that followed WM22? I’m sure I’ve seen that match on one of his DVDs and it being used. I don’t think it lasted long before going back to his normal theme though

He didn’t enter to it but he did exit to it, after laying waste to Cena, Edge and the ref with his sledgehammer and delivering a crotch chop. The sight of him stood in the aisle covered in blood and crotch chopping again to a decent pop shocked me, as Hunter seeming on the verge of a face turn at this point seemed insane.

13 hours ago, air_raid said:

He didn’t enter to it but he did exit to it, after laying waste to Cena, Edge and the ref with his sledgehammer and delivering a crotch chop. The sight of him stood in the aisle covered in blood and crotch chopping again to a decent pop shocked me, as Hunter seeming on the verge of a face turn at this point seemed insane.

That's how I remembered that as well, he definately entered the ring for a promo with Cena and/ or Edge for Raw in Wembley 2006 though. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Whatever happened to Ted DiBiase Jr,? You don't hear his name mentioned at all and he was supposed to be the heir to the throne about ten years ago. Thanking you.

From Wikipedia:

DiBiase left WWE in 2013 due to family commitments and other business pursuits

When DiBiase left WWE, he took up an executive position with CollegeGarageSale.com, a college textbook e-commerce website. He is now the vice president of business development for One Life.

Edited by Tommy!

He was on a short ‘Where Are They Now’ documentary on the network and I seem to recall he was doing some sort of outdoor pursuits with kids. Which could be the ‘One Life’ previously mentioned.

i pinned my hopes on him being the next big thing! Paid far too much for a tag belt signed by him and Cody Rhodes because I loved that angle where Cody turned on Holly so much 🙄