UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Rewatching some 97 bits and bobs last night; did Bret come up with the ring post figure four? If so, does anyone know when he first used it? Was it against Shawn on Raw?

I always thought it looked brutal.

I’m almost certain he used it against Austin in the I Quit match, but that was 1997 as well

• Paid Members

Anyone having issues watching Super showdown on the WWE network? I can watch other stuff including the Arabic commentary version, but it keeps giving me a 'no access granted' message for the English version..

Edited by Murtz

Pretty sure Bret used the Figure 4 around the ring-post for the first time in his Survivor Series 1996 match with Steve Austin.

He was coming back from 7 months off with new gear and new moves!

Edited by dopper

I'm seeing plenty of stuff on social media currently stating Goldberg is the only wrestler to have held a world title in 4 decades. First thought of the top of my head was that Lou Thesz surely matched that decades earlier?

Anyone able to confirm/debunk this? Has anyone else done it (Inoki?)?

9 minutes ago, Divorced Dad said:

Is it not that Goldberg is the first to WIN a world title in four decades rather than hold it in four? 

I've just seen in the Saudi thread about Thesz holding in the 30s-60s, he won at least one title in each of those decades.

Depends on what you consider a world title though. WWE will just word it so they can claim the record.

If I wanted to catch up on AEW Dynamite from the start, is there a reliable place to do so? I know there are various pop-up laden websites where you can "watch wrestling," but I remember with WWE at least, videos rarely survived a week, let alone twenty.

And, is it recommended to also cram in other AEW events from prior to Dynamite's launch, or would I be just as well diving in at the start of the TNT run? I've seen Cody vs Dustin from Double or Nothing, but not the rest of that show.

2 minutes ago, BigJag said:

ITV hub should have most of if not all of the Dynamites. 

Currently only the last four episodes on the website.

• Paid Members

AEW Plus on Fite TV is about £4-5 a month, and I think gives you all the past episodes. 

Diving in at the start of TV isn't a bad place to start. All In and Double Or Nothing are worth finding, but you should be fine with TV and picking up the PPVs as suits.

For those who have seen the latest Ruthless Aggression episode on Lesnar, he comes out to a theme song for one of his dark matches that was later used for somebody else. I’m going absolutely crazy trying to remember who ended up using it - can anyone help please?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Slapnut said:

For those who have seen the latest Ruthless Aggression episode on Lesnar, he comes out to a theme song for one of his dark matches that was later used for somebody else. I’m going absolutely crazy trying to remember who ended up using it - can anyone help please?

It drove me crazy until the following morning!

Then it dawned on me it was Triple H's first post-DX theme.

Incidentally, in trying to find out what it was on the night I watched the episode, it became apparent they used/tested a lot of music for Brock in dark matches!

Edited by Statto
Added link.

31 minutes ago, Statto said:

It drove me crazy until the following morning!

Then it dawned on me it was Triple H's first post-DX theme.

Incidentally, in trying to find out what it was on the night I watched the episode, it became apparent they used/tested a lot of music for Brock in dark matches!

Bloody hell, of course it is! Thanks.

I know it’s only a dark match and Triple H didn’t use it for very long, but I wouldn’t have expected them to reuse one of his themes.

I was thinking Tommy Dreamer or some other jabroni.