UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

He was fucked, out of shape and wanted to try boxing. David Bixenspan (who I appreciate can be a polarising figure) did a great piece on it here https://www.sbnation.com/longform/2016/1/20/10785762/paul-wight-wwe-boxing

As Hogan is involved I take some aspects with a pinch of salt, but it makes for an interesting read if you have some time. 

Cheers for that, didn't know any of that, only thing I remember is him and Hogan having a match in Memphis, didn't have a clue he'd done a bit of boxing training 

• Paid Members

Watching an episode of Nitro from ‘96 on WWE Network and Jericho’s come out but to his “Break The Walls Down” WWE theme.

How are WWE able to replace just the entrance music, but leave other audio (i.e. crowd and commentary) intact?

• Paid Members

There was a smattering of rain at the beginning of 24(? - the one that started with Finlay vs JBL) but it was very light IIRC. Could sort of see it on the camera right at the very beginning.

Somewhat related, there is a Hogan-Studd match from Puerto Rico (I think) where it absolutely fucking hammers it down, the crowd run for cover. No cover over the ring, they carry on wrestling for a bit but Studd slips over in the wet and the ring mat (which is red) bleeds dye all over 👍his white tights. They get the fuck out of the there shortly after that. It was on the Hogan DVD set they put out in the early 2000s so may well be on the Network.

Edited by Statto
Fuck knows how that thumbs up got in there.

Okada and Suzuki had the "draw in the downpour" 2 years ago in Suzuki's 30th anniversary match

Went the 30 minutes in torrential rain

Great match and worth checking out just for the visuals of it all as well

That's the most notable match in the rain I can think off.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Earl Hebner. Teamed with The Rock against DX. 

Wow I thought it might be but that was one hell of a rough bump for a non wrestler. Thanks!

Was just trying to clarify a response i'd made in the Random thoughts thread and came across this event from 2001 on Cage Match

"ECW Reunion Show"- Elks Lodge 8/7/01

Singles Match

Chilly Willy defeats Tom Marquez
Singles Match
Kid USA defeats The Mighty Finn
Singles Match
Nova defeats Chris Chetti (w/Elektra)
Singles Match
Mikey Whipwreck defeats Swinger
Singles Match
Balls Mahoney defeats Jack Victory
Tag Team Match
Danny Doring & Roadkill defeat The FBI (Guido Maritato & Tony Mamaluke)
Singles Match
Sabu (w/Bill Alfonso) defeats Angel
Singles Match

Anyone got any info on this as it seems like it was a a good chunk of the final ECW roster that wasn't signed to WWE (and Dreamer), mostly curious if it was an ECW booked event that someone on the card took over. 

What is the submission hold that sees the aggressor have their opponent face down with their legs crossed. The wrestler then applies a bridging threshold whilst pulling up on their opponents neck.

Should be simple to find butvfuck me I'm struggling 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Hugh Thesz said:

What is the submission hold that sees the aggressor have their opponent face down with their legs crossed. The wrestler then applies a bridging threshold whilst pulling up on their opponents neck.

Should be simple to find butvfuck me I'm struggling 

An STF?