UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

On 5/25/2020 at 2:46 AM, Tamura said:

You should be able to pick up a copy of the show easily enough. Back in the day most people seemed to title it "A Reunion of Stars", RF Video have it for sale now on their site with the title "ECW Reunion 7/8/01 Buffalo, NY". Or if you don't feel like giving Feinstein your money it's available to download on a certain wrestling torrent website. It's been a long time since I've watched it so I can't remember much about the show itself, I don't remember it being essential viewing or anything.

Thanks, i've got no real desire to watch it, much like late ECW but I was curious as to who ran the show and why?

6 hours ago, simonworden said:

Thanks, i've got no real desire to watch it, much like late ECW but I was curious as to who ran the show and why?

I can't remember who ran it. Although I alluded to this in my previous post, looking back I could have made it clearer. It wasn't promoted as an ECW event at the time, and I doubt it was some building that was pre-booked that far in advance especially given ECW's cash flow problems at the time. As I said at the time it was called 'A Reunion of Stars', but as we're now years down the line it's a lot simpler to call it "ECW Reunion" without getting into too much legal hot water with regard to trademarks (especially as Feinstein has that weird pre-existing contract that allows him to continue to distribute all ECW TV/PPV/commercial tapes, not just the fan cams he filmed). It's difficult to know whether they planned it as a one-off or hoped to start something to fill the void left by the demise of ECW/WCW. Only a month later Main Event Championship Wrestling made their ill-fated ECW Arena debut with plans for TV and world domination, only to follow the well-trodden path of wrestlers not being paid, then future shows being cancelled, then disappearing never to be heard of again.

Edited by Tamura

3 hours ago, KRS said:

Have Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage and Ultimate Warrior all been in the ring together in any capacity?

Almost certain the answer is no. Closest might have been the 1990 Rumble, but Savage was in early doors. Savage might have been in the big War Games both were involved in in 1998, had he not been hurt at the time.

32 minutes ago, Tamura said:

I can't remember who ran it. Although I alluded to this in my previous post, looking back I could have made it cleared. It wasn't promoted as an ECW event at the time, and I doubt it was some building that was pre-booked that far in advance especially given ECW's cash flow problems at the time. As I said at the time it was called 'A Reunion of Stars', but as we're now years down the line it's a lot simpler to call it "ECW Reunion" without getting into too much legal hot water with regard to trademarks (especially as Feinstein has that weird pre-existing contract that allows him to continue to distribute all ECW TV/PPV/commercial tapes, not just the fan cams he filmed). It's difficult to know whether they planned it as a one-off or hoped to start something to fill the void left by the demise of ECW/WCW. Only a month later Main Event Championship Wrestling made their ill-fated ECW Arena debut with plans for TV and world domination, only to follow the well-trodden path of wrestlers not being paid, then future shows being cancelled, then disappearing never to be heard of again.

Ah fair enough, cheers for further clarification. Such a strange little time 2001outside of wwe looking back 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, AshC said:

Almost certain the answer is no. Closest might have been the 1990 Rumble, but Savage was in early doors. Savage might have been in the big War Games both were involved in in 1998, had he not been hurt at the time.

Yeah Savage is eliminated by Dusty quite a while before Warrior or Hulk get in.

It might have happened on a house show I suppose, but I feel like we'd have known about it. Plus, having them all on the same house show working together in those days feels like putting a lot of eggs in one basket. 

1 hour ago, gmoney said:

Yeah Savage is eliminated by Dusty quite a while before Warrior or Hulk get in.

It might have happened on a house show I suppose, but I feel like we'd have known about it. Plus, having them all on the same house show working together in those days feels like putting a lot of eggs in one basket. 

Thanks both. I was struggling to find anything, so I think you confirmed things. Would have liked a photo of those 3 in the ring if it had existed anywhere.

8 hours ago, AshC said:

According to Wrestling Data, this is indeed the only time it came close to happening

So I fancied watching some ECW with the original music and I found out you can now buy digital downloads from RF video. Having researched it seems these are still official releases and legal due to an old contract with Heyman that doesn't have an end date. With that in mind I bought Guilty as Charged 2000. The picture is totally atrocious and the sound only comes out one speaker on my Bluetooth headphones so must be in mono. If these are official releases how come the quality is so bad? Anyboy know why? Feeling pretty ripped off!

Edit: and I've now discovered it has a match missing. The download was in two parts, named D1 and D2 (assume it was the DVDs parts 1 and 2). The first disc ends just before a New Jack match and the second starts just after it. 

Edited by iMPACt!

Just now, iMPACt! said:

So I fancied watching some ECW with the original music and I found out you can now buy digital downloads from RF video. Having researched it seems these are still official releases and legal due to an old contract with Heyman that doesn't have an end date. With that in mind I bought Guilty as Charged 2000. The picture is totally atrocious and the sound only comes out one speaker on my Bluetooth headphones so must be in mono. If these are official releases how come the quality is so bad? Anyboy know why? Feeling pretty ripped off!

The likelihood is he dubbed his master tape so many times that the quality deteriorated, colour faded etc.  In my trading days I obtained some ECW commercial shows that had come from RF and was shocked at how poor the VQ was.  Despite thinking he'd have the best quality footage due to his connections, it was in fact the opposite and most traders actually had better quality versions of the shows than he did.  Talk at the time was his master versions got dubbed to death and he never replaced them.  Everything he digitized was likely from these original masters and highly doubtful he looked to upgrade the footage.

Lesson to take from this though is never do business with Rob Feinstein.  Kinda surprised that people still do.

39 minutes ago, Magnum Milano said:

The likelihood is he dubbed his master tape so many times that the quality deteriorated, colour faded etc.  In my trading days I obtained some ECW commercial shows that had come from RF and was shocked at how poor the VQ was.  Despite thinking he'd have the best quality footage due to his connections, it was in fact the opposite and most traders actually had better quality versions of the shows than he did.  Talk at the time was his master versions got dubbed to death and he never replaced them.  Everything he digitized was likely from these original masters and highly doubtful he looked to upgrade the footage.

Lesson to take from this though is never do business with Rob Feinstein.  Kinda surprised that people still do.

Yeah definitely a lesson. I'd also pretty much forgot about his shady past until I googled afterwards to see if anybody else had issues, so definitely won't be chucking money that way again.

It's a shame no decent unedited footage exists. The dubs on the WWE network just kill it, some of the best crowd reactions are during the entrances.

Just now, iMPACt! said:

It's a shame no decent unedited footage exists. The dubs on the WWE network just kill it, some of the best crowd reactions are during the entrances.

The footage is definitely out there just a case of tracking it down.  I had a complete run of ECW PPVs, from the original US broadcasts in excellent quality, most with pre-shows, all with original music, no over dubbing etc. which I sold to someone on this board last year when I was downsizing my collection.  The whole trading scene is pretty much dead though so stuff isn't as easy to locate as say it was a decade ago.  Your best bet would be getting on a torrent site if you can.