I think Vince and Johnny Ace might be problematic, lads.

IANdrewDiceClay

Apparently he's going to be 'in character' which is interesting in itself, the post from WWE also refers to him as Mr McMahon which points to us getting the character rather then Vince himself, which probably puts paid to any sort of genuine speech/goodbye etc.

Fascinating either way

• Paid Members

Making any public appearance while the investigation is going on is an odd choice but doing it in character is insane. So the Mr McMahon character is going to address the allegations made against Vince McMahon the person? The character who made Trish bark like a dog and pimped out his own daughter is going to address ACTUAL allegations of sexual misconduct?!!

It's also unbelievably crass that they are hyping this up like it's part of the show.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

Making any public appearance while the investigation is going on is an odd choice but doing it in character is insane. So the Mr McMahon character is going to address the allegations made against Vince McMahon the person? The character who made Trish bark like a dog and pimped out his own daughter is going to address ACTUAL allegations of sexual misconduct?!!

It's also unbelievably crass that they are hyping this up like it's part of the show.

"You see what this all really is brother, is that Terry Bollea the man and Hulk Hogan the character, are different people brother. . ."

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Dave Meltzer is on CNN at 5 pm EST (which makes it 10 pm GMT - I think) to discuss the story.

If it's via satellite link from his shit heap of an office I'm tuning in. 

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

While that's probably it, it's also the guy who went with 'Stand Up For WWE' and various other campaigns.

Funnily enough, this is what came to mind for me as soon as I saw this was happening. It would be a very Trumpian behaviour; to view this as an attack by a partial media, regardless of any alleged wrongdoing.

Given the politics he subscribes to, I wouldn’t at all be shocked if he chooses to throw in a line about having had ‘people try to take him down before’ or something like that; as he tries to cast doubt on the motivations behind this allegation coming to light. 

1 hour ago, unfitfinlay said:

It’ll be like when Kevin Spacey did that video about the sexual assault allegations against him but did it as Frank Underwood. Totally agree about the crassness but what do you expect from this repulsive company.