Chris B

After all his health issues over the last few years could he still go? I feel like Regal would be too proud to give anything other than 100%.

But to be fair they have explicitly said it'll be a new member of the BCC this week on commentary and they'll also be in the Blood & Guts match.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, boyfriend said:

Regal as Danielson's replacement? Or am I overthinking?

I suggested this the other day to a friend. Is it conceivable they do some super safe, but still looking world of sport style rolling about, low bumping mat based grappling like when ZSJ had that exhibition with Shibata? It'd fit right into both their wheelhouse, and they could probably still tell an interesting story with it. 

• Paid Members

I think it’s indicative of what a cursed, waste of time this pay per view has become that the most exciting thing about the card is something they could have done on any given Wednesday for over a year, which is the Young Bucks mixing it up with Sting. I can’t wait to see Nick and Matt bumping like champions for Sting. Fingers crossed this offshoots into a Darby/Sting vs. Young Bucks Tag Title feud. That’s a bigger dream match than anything on tonight’s show.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Chili said:

Orange Cassidy has apparently had an entrance tweak and they're replacing (maybe didn't wanna renew) The Pixies and he'll be coming out to his old Jefferson Starship banger apparently. 

Awful move. The Pixies theme is way better and a good lot of the top moments in AEW during the pandemic were Best Friends and Orange have that play over big moments.

• Paid Members

Maybe there will be one more Wednesday of this confusing mess, but hopefully most of this intermingling is done after tonight and this promotion gets back on track. All the Japanese contingent should be heading back to Japan for the G1 anyway. 

I heard Meltzer say that they should mix some of the titles and have Hangman with the IWGP title, and FTR win the tag titles. Fuck that. Have White beat Cole and Roppongi Vice beat that other pair. Send vice over to Japan for a run so that we get to keep FTR. Let Adam Cole get pissed off about White beating him and have him take Fish & O'Reilly over there to get after Bullet Club.

Meanwhile FTR can get back on track against The Young Bucks and Hangman could get involved with Jericho or something to head into All Out to go full circle on that, since Jericho will need something to do after Blood & Guts.