Chris B

34 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

That's the annoyance about AEW - the builds can quite often be underwhelming but the actual PPV quality and matches are mostly top notch.

It’s similar to the twitter rage about football transfers just now. Everyone thinks things are as Simple as EWR or FM makes them seem in games, translating them to real life isn’t as easy. Sadly I think we are going to see more mixed up confusion with ROH meddling in to promote there ppv next month before we get back to the straightforward ppv build 

I'll tell you what's really an actual annoyance. Not having a job or income and being depressed. People didn't wanna watch because the company and wrestling itself had a weird month, the TV wasn't exactly amazing and were impatient whingers most of the time. If the build looked guff (which 70%) of it was we should have gone in with iffy expectations to buy it. 

22 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’d say more of an annoyance is tons of people shitting on the product, saying they won’t pay for it and then the morning after the PPV saying how great of a show it was.

I'd say more of an annoyance is someone spoiling shit all the time.

35 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’d say more of an annoyance is tons of people shitting on the product, saying they won’t pay for it and then the morning after the PPV saying how great of a show it was.

AEW doing a lacklustre job of building PPVs and undercutting the full potential of the revenue they could generate sure sounds like their problem. 

• Paid Members

Had way too little interest in this show to justify paying for it. First time for me with AEW that is. I did check the results out this morning. It sounds like it was great on the night, which wasn't really going to be the problem. 

The build was shite, the results mostly inconsequential and more than half of the people appearing held no interest for me. Great matches are pretty much a guarantee these days almost anywhere you look. That's stuff we've been criticising WWE for years upon years for. Holding pattern or poor booking, with no new stars with momentum but with good to great matches in isolation. 

I'm disappointed to learn that there is another ROH PPV so soon, meaning the muddled mess will probably continue for another while. 

Glad everyone who bought the show enjoyed it though and that it delivered what they were looking. It sounds like the talent hit it out of the park. 

• Paid Members

Who pinned who in the IWG..... ah. Of course.

1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Yeah, definitely annoying when a promotion overdelivers to their paying customers. Wrestling needs less of that.

38 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Really enjoyed it as expected.

My main takeaway. It was the first time i've heard Kevin Kelly on comms in years. Which was quite refreshing and was really disappointed to see JR added to the desk later in the show.

Kevin Kelly is great. When he started the new Japan shows it made them much more watchable for me, has the knowledge of the wrestlers and their past without over killing it. One aew should really be keeping an eye on him gettinb tired of the long tours over there and get him when he’s available. 

1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

I'm disappointed to learn that there is another ROH PPV so soon, meaning the muddled mess will probably continue for another while. 

Ach, is there? I didn't know that. I hope the recent ratings leave them thinking twice about risking any significant build-up on AEW TV. 

I didn't order the show, as I didn't enjoy the build-up. While I'm glad the people that watched it had a good time, I don't particularly want to see Forbidden Door 2, or, for that matter, any further AEW-crossover shows. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Ach, is there? I didn't know that. I hope the recent ratings leave them thinking twice about risking any significant build-up on AEW TV. 

I didn't order the show, as I didn't enjoy the build-up. While I'm glad the people that watched it had a good time, I don't particularly want to see Forbidden Door 2, or, for that matter, any further AEW-crossover shows. 

so you don't want to watch a second edition from a PPV you didn't watch but others watched and enjoyed?