Chris B

• Paid Members

I really didn't like FTR in WWE, I thought they were overhyped and the usual 'held back' types, but they are now my favourite thing in wrestling. Both of them seem just like stand up guys and loving life at the moment.

I’ve only converted to ftr since their turn, before that they seemed all talk about what they stood for, as good guys see them standing by it and it works 

I watched this in the background while working today (I didn't pay for it, so don't come at me @TildeGuy~!). And, yeah, as I expected, a great series of wrestling matches. It was a very fun show and really helped my Monday fly by. I was surprised Punk didn't appear at all, given where they were, but maybe he did post-show? I didn't watch the pre-show.

Adam Cole needs some muscles/meat to bump on. Seriously dangerous for him to be in Heavyweight strong style matches. 

Vince/Triple lost the war with Adam Cole as Champion and didn’t even offer him a proper main roster deal. Yet Tony Khan rates him as the second coming of HBK.

Cole makes everyone look smaller in his matches as they have to hunch over to take his kicks and punches because he’s so small.

Just let it go Tony Khan.....

They could have easily put Lance Archer in there and the match would have been fine. 

It was a fun show. Truly love AEW. 

Jay White's still not even 30? His first push was too much too soon but fuck he's grown so much in a pretty short time.

But yeah, it felt like a lot of guys with something to prove even more than usual on this show and it ended up being really good, just wish it didn't mean a month of less than TV beforehand.

I remember something. You could certainly argue that it was obvious that the Fan Karaoke Connection of Jericho & Misu were winning the opening trios. However, making it a match for the advantage in Blood & Guts telegraphed it.

I don't recall that being mentioned in build up until it was mentioned on comms.

Finished the show and it was great start to finish. Matches delivered and some cracking moments as well. Real lack of concern for where the ass boys went post show, wtf was that about haha 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Louch said:

Finished the show and it was great start to finish. Matches delivered and some cracking moments as well. Real lack of concern for where the ass boys went post show, wtf was that about haha 

I’m hoping it leads to Billy disowning his kids and adopting The Acclaimed instead. Like a weird nod to the Eddy/Rey storyline without the DNA tests.

Thought it was a fantastic show, wasn’t too familiar with most of the NJPW talent outside of the main Gaijins (White, ZSJ, Cobb and Osprey), Okada, Tanahashi, Suzuki, Shingo and Shibata but I was impressed by a few, particularly Clark Connors, Kanemaru and the Dojo lads

Wasn’t expecting Taz to be part of the announce team, and was disappointed that JR and Tony were relegated to guest roles, but I thought he, Man in Mask and Kevin Kelly blended well as a team. Also loved the contrast in styles between Justin Roberts and  Takuro Shibata on ring announcing (nice cushy job for Bobby Cruise getting to do one match too), especially for the 4 way IWGP Title match

Edited by RIDDUM_N_STYLE

Watched the press conference, what was the guy questioning Jay White about who’s leader of the bullet club after the show, thought that was all cleared up with EVIL going off to run house of torture? 

19 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

so you don't want to watch a second edition from a PPV you didn't watch but others watched and enjoyed?

As DavidB6937 said, I would think it's pretty clear as to why. 

Honestly though, I genuinely think there are people on this forum who would be more receptive to verbal takedowns of their families than they are anything that could be perceived as criticism of AEW. 

I'm not saying you lean quite that far, Hannibal - but I haven't come across anyone on here who has said anything negative about AEW in bad faith. 

8 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Wasn’t expecting Taz to be part of the announce team, and was disappointed that JR and Tony were relegated to guest roles, but I thought he, Man in Mask and Kevin Kelly blended well as a team.

As I mentioned, I didn't watch the show, but if anything was going to encourage me to do so it would be Taz on the announce desk. It's impossible not to have fun when he's commentating, his enthusiasm is so bloody infectious.