Chris B

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, gmoney said:

That's bollocks frankly. You wouldn't put Raw spoilers without spoiler tags in a PPV thread the morning after show, so I don't see why this is different. Particularly as the Japan show took place this morning. I don't understand the lack of consideration or courtesy people have about spoilers, it's so easy just to think a second before you post. 

You also wouldn't enter a Raw thread expecting not to see Hell in a Cell spoilers. The two matched mentioned, impact Forbidden Door, so entering the thread for Forbidden Door the morning after said matches not expecting spoilers is daft. 

Spoiler tags could have been used, yes, but it's not like the spoilers have been posted in a completely un-related thread. No other matches have been posted, other than those two. Sometimes it feels people just want to be outraged just for something to post about.

EDIT: The point about the post not even containing discussion, I get 100% and agree with. 

Edited by Nick James

Just now, Nick James said:

Sometimes it feels people just want to be outraged just for something to post about.

Or people could just stop being spoiling cunts. That'd probably work better. Why should it be on everyone else when someone like Tildeguy has been told a bazillion (approximate number) times that its a shit thing to do?

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Nick James said:

You also wouldn't enter a Raw thread expecting not to see Hell in a Cell spoilers. The two matched mentioned, impact Forbidden Door, so entering the thread for Forbidden Door the morning after said matches not expecting spoilers is daft. 

From the Forum rules pinned at the top of the page:

"SPOILERS should be marked for the next 2 days after the event has taken place, therefore until Tuesday evening (9 PM) in the case of a Sunday PPV. A Tuesday PPV would alter that deadline to Thursday evening at 9 PM."

• Paid Members
Just now, DavidB6937 said:

Or people could just stop being spoiling cunts. That'd probably work better. Why should it be on everyone else when someone like Tildeguy has been told a bazillion (approximate number) times that its a shit thing to do?

Don't get it twisted that I'm defending TildeGuy, I'm definitely not and your point is correct that they have been told and repeated the feat multiple times, I just think this being the Forbidden Door thread, there are bound to be spoilers the morning after a show that contained matches pertaining to the show. I would say the exact same if there were (and there have been), posts after Dynamite has aired.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, gmoney said:

From the Forum rules pinned at the top of the page:

"SPOILERS should be marked for the next 2 days after the event has taken place, therefore until Tuesday evening (9 PM) in the case of a Sunday PPV. A Tuesday PPV would alter that deadline to Thursday evening at 9 PM."

Point taken, I still think there should be some responsibility on yourself to avoid spoilers, but those ARE the rules, so you are 100% right and I hold my hands up to being in the wrong.

• Paid Members

So, thoughts based on NJPW stuff:

Spoiler

This could be pretty good, storyline-wise, for Page, actually. Him going up against Okada would have been a marquee match, but there's an existing storyline with Jay White for them to tap into. I'm not a big White fan, but I've thawed on him (not least after realising how young he was, and likely out of his depth a few years ago).

This is from a few years ago, and you can see White burrowing under Hangman's skin. 

So, you have a Hangman that now has more confidence, firing up to take on the best of the best... and then the guy that's had his number for years takes the title and tells him he's never getting a shot, 'you big dumb bitch'. And then, post-match, coming out with 'You had to have your friends create a company for you to shine in, because you couldn't fucking shine here'.

I like the idea of Page being, basically, back up against some of his old bullies, but without the friendship ties with Omega. Unlike the Okada match, this one could have a real face/heel dynamic.

If he ends up facing Okada, no matter what happens, he's been outsmarted by White. If he takes on White, the Okada match can still happen down the line. Either way, Page was looking for redemption and it was ruined by a dickhead - and I'm actually more interested in that as a story either way.

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

So, thoughts based on NJPW stuff:

Reveal hidden contents

This could be pretty good, storyline-wise, for Page, actually. Him going up against Okada would have been a marquee match, but there's an existing storyline with Jay White for them to tap into. I'm not a big White fan, but I've thawed on him (not least after realising how young he was, and likely out of his depth a few years ago).

This is from a few years ago, and you can see White burrowing under Hangman's skin. 

So, you have a Hangman that now has more confidence, firing up to take on the best of the best... and then the guy that's had his number for years takes the title and tells him he's never getting a shot, 'you big dumb bitch'. And then, post-match, coming out with 'You had to have your friends create a company for you to shine in, because you couldn't fucking shine here'.

I like the idea of Page being, basically, back up against some of his old bullies, but without the friendship ties with Omega. Unlike the Okada match, this one could have a real face/heel dynamic.

If he ends up facing Okada, no matter what happens, he's been outsmarted by White. If he takes on White, the Okada match can still happen down the line. Either way, Page was looking for redemption and it was ruined by a dickhead - and I'm actually more interested in that as a story either way.

All good stuff, but this is us fan-booking a hot angle to justify the match because AEW aren't giving us one themselves. NJPW guys standing at the top of the ramp and pointing at AEW wrestlers in the ring is almost as bad a trope as pointing at the WM sign already.

My other concern is that, for all that this appears to be Tony Khan dream-booking, the NJPW talent he's thinking of is from 10+ years ago. We didn't get the burly tough mean of Minoru Suzuki and Yuji Nagata from the classic G1s; we got two old men looking intense while Moxley run at half speed. You're not getting the One in a Century talent in fantastic shape and the true Ace of NJPW if not all pro wrestling; you're getting lucha-bellied Tanahashi firing up on bow legs.

I bet every match starts with the opponents sitting in the corners for a minute so the crowd can go "UUUUWAAA" too.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

All good stuff, but this is us fan-booking a hot angle to justify the match because AEW aren't giving us one themselves.

I mean, it has actually happened and was a fairly prominent part of what NJPW were doing. And I think it's worth remembering that the NJPW side of this is also build-up to the same PPV. This was all stuff in the immediate post-match promo and press conference, so it's pretty big from their side.

If this isn't the story AEW are telling, then fair enough - but it'd be a surprise.

Although... oh fuck.

Spoiler

It hadn't dawned on me, but it's very possible that we could get Jay White/Adam Cole vs Okada/Hangman, which could be a hell of a match, but wouldn't feel very much like anywhere near as big a deal.

15 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Although... oh fuck.

Hide contents

It hadn't dawned on me, but it's very possible that we could get Jay White/Adam Cole vs Okada/Hangman, which could be a hell of a match, but wouldn't feel very much like anywhere near as big a deal.

This is exactly what it will be.

The NJPW representative in the All Atlantic Championship match will be decided by a 4 man tournament in of itself on NJPW’s shows next Monday and Tuesday 

On Monday Clark Connors and Tomoaki Honma face off in one qualifier while Tomohiro Ishii faces Yoshinobu Kanemaru in the other qualifier 

The two winners then face off on the following night for the right to be in the title match next Sunday

3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’d assume Andrade would have been involved with Naito in some sort of tag given their LIJ history. 

AAA not allowing contracted wrestlers wrestle New Japan guys due to New Japans working agreement with CMLL, Hilarious.

Pretty sure it's the other way round. AAA are usually pretty keen to work with anyone, it's CMLL that have the problem. 

10 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

The NJPW representative in the All Atlantic Championship match will be decided by a 4 man tournament in of itself on NJPW’s shows next Monday and Tuesday 

On Monday Clark Connors and Tomoaki Honma face off in one qualifier while Tomohiro Ishii faces Yoshinobu Kanemaru in the other qualifier 

The two winners then face off on the following night for the right to be in the title match next Sunday

yo dawg i heard you like tournaments so we put a tournament in your tournament so you can tournament when you tournament