Darkside of the Ring season 3 discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

29 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

That's a heck of a lot of words for him to say "please don't fire me Impact."

I'd believe it a lot more if he'd physically said it rather than trying to edit it down to the length of a tweet. 

27 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

And then to post it as an image rather then right it in a tweet. Baffling. It screams of sorry for being caught out rather then for what he did aka The Hogan Defence

Isn’t it more of a case of typing it out, take a screenshot, then use the image for all social media so you aren’t typing the same thing out multiple times?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Isn’t it more of a case of typing it out, take a screenshot, then use the image for all social media so you aren’t typing the same thing out multiple times?

. Doesn't take 2 minutes to say it into your phone camera and upload that to your socials. People who've not been able to do their shopping because they didn't have a mask seem to be able to do it, so I don't get why Tommy Dreamer couldn't, unless he was worried he wouldn't be able to sound like he means it. It looks more sincere in written form 4 days removed from it having taken place. 

2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

. Doesn't take 2 minutes to say it into your phone camera and upload that to your socials. People who've not been able to do their shopping because they didn't have a mask seem to be able to do it, so I don't get why Tommy Dreamer couldn't, unless he was worried he wouldn't be able to sound like he means it. It looks more sincere in written form 4 days removed from it having taken place. 

It’s Tommy fucking Dreamer, a man so dense NASA think he might be a black hole. I doubt he’d know how to hit record and it probably took four days for him to type that. 

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He records his own Cameos so that theory is dead.

I can’t believe it actually didn’t take him four days to type out that message then. My apologies to Mr Dreamer for the fucking insinuation. 

But seriously, like loads of celebs, they type it, shot it, post it. Can’t just post text on Instagram (knowing that twat though he doesn’t have an account there, I don’t know)

While I absolutely think that people should be allowed to reflect, learn and grow, it’s his use of the words ‘offence’ and ‘offended’ that are most bothersome for me.

The problematic comments he made in the first place we’re all about the concept of offence, and how everyone is offended about everything these days, comparing being upset by sexual assault to being offended by his double ponytail. 

Perhaps I’m splitting hairs, perhaps I’m being overly harsh, but after having a few days to reflect, I’d have liked to have  seen him choose his words more carefully, as it really doesn’t, to me, suggest that he fully understands why what he said was so terrible.

Instead of apologising to the people your comments ‘offended’, how about you apologise to the people your comments ‘hurt’?

3 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Perhaps I’m splitting hairs, perhaps I’m being overly harsh

You're not. We all know that too many "apologies" are basically saying sorry that someone got offended rather than actually clearly being aware that what was said in the first place was wrong and that it shouldn't have been said. These "apologies" only come out once they're aware that they've upset a few people. It's always attempted damage control based on a reaction rather than an actual realisation that they never should have said/done such things in the first place.

It'll come as no surprise to anyone that Chris Jericho replied to him, "Forgiven!"

I am absolutely happy to forgive people for mistakes but much like other posters have said, he's apologising for offending people, he's not apologising because he thinks he was wrong.

It's interesting Jericho said that because I wonder how close we are to Jericho narrating a story he's directly or indirectly involved with. Given how long his career has been you've got to imagine he's at least been in the room when something similar went down.