Darkside of the Ring season 3 discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

So I have seen a ton of tweets referencing 'When will they do an ep on Jericho?" and their seems to b the odd mention in this thread, what EXACTLY is his dark side in thoery? I always thought for years it was because he was MAGA guy and had an affair with kelly kelly (and no doubt others), is there an allegation (s) I have missed? I'm just a little confused 

That's weird. Jericho hasn't had any controversy in his career. Cheating on his wife and being a Trump supporter isn't exactly an exciting (or even remotely interesting) story worth doing an episode about.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

He does that when he has wheels to grease. I remember his review of a Wrestlemania where he buried it in his usual "I hate modern wrestling" style, then he's on the Ross Report the same week and he might as well be talking about a completely different WrestleMania. Sometimes I get the feeling he's only slating AEW because he knows it'll get him views and attention on YouTube and because his gimmick has become that he's a stuck in the mud contrarian. 

I don't listen to his podcast, so maybe he's as bad as ever, but from his social media I've felt that Cornette seems to be dialling back the gimmick a bit. He praised AEW production around the CM Punk debut - and without any snarky asides about them - he retweeted AEW's Owen Hart announcement, and seems to spend less time criticising stuff and more time just talking about older wrestling. I don't know if he's changed his views on AEW, seen the way the tide is going and changed up his grift, or if either the fan invading the ring and shouting out Cornette or Bobby Eaton's death made him reconsider his priorities, but he definitely seems to be toning down the gimmick.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

I don't listen to his podcast, so maybe he's as bad as ever, but from his social media I've felt that Cornette seems to be dialling back the gimmick a bit. He praised AEW production around the CM Punk debut - and without any snarky asides about them - he retweeted AEW's Owen Hart announcement, and seems to spend less time criticising stuff and more time just talking about older wrestling. I don't know if he's changed his views on AEW, seen the way the tide is going and changed up his grift, or if either the fan invading the ring and shouting out Cornette or Bobby Eaton's death made him reconsider his priorities, but he definitely seems to be toning down the gimmick.

I think the way they handled Bobby Eaton’s death may have swung things.

Noticed a marked change from that point on.

2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I listened to a Cornette YouTube video where he said "I'm in a quandary, how to I respond to compliment from someone whose shit" or words to that effect. What an ass.

Cornettes opinion and his podcast aren’t the same thing. His show is for the “modern wrestling isn’t wrestling” audience. If his audience in his comments is being more pro Aew, he will go in that direction to a degree 

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

I listened to a Cornette YouTube video where he said "I'm in a quandary, how to I respond to compliment from someone whose shit" or words to that effect. What an ass.

That the one responding to Tony Khan mentioning him? I listened to that, first one I've heard in months. You're right, he's still an arse. Just take the compliment, Jim, there's no need to be all what-the-fuck about it.

Cornette is just a thousand contradictions in one. His historical knowledge on pro wrestling is fantastic, and it would be great if his podcast focused on that as he's a phenomenal historian of the game. He's also entertaining as hell at times, and his hatred of right wingers is always welcome. But his irrational hatred of stuff and his inability to get out of his own way just makes him seem like 'old man shouting at cloud'

• Paid Members

If something on AEW is good he'll acknowledge that it's good. He's a big fan of FTR, and he had nothing but compliments about CM Punk's debut on Rampage. Likewise he enjoyed his match at All Out. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'm sorry if this question has been asked, but I'm not trawling through pages of posters bickering like children, but where can I watch this in the U.K legally?

Cheers.

The episodes are on Daily motion, but for a less pirate filled experience I think they're on 4OD or All4 or whatever it's called nowadays?