Darkside of the Ring season 3 discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I listened to the Cornette interview with Evan Husney. There's nothing like hearing him talk to a normal person to really hammer home what a weird motherfucker he really is. Having an explanation of how stuck in the wrestling bubble these guys are from someone who can't function outside it despite having barely been in it for 15 years is really something. Interestingly, from the point earlier, he very clearly accepts that he can't tell the same jokes he told 25 years ago because they're unacceptable and the fact that he's told them and people have laughed in the past is no defence. Not what he said at the time, like.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

I listened to the Cornette interview with Evan Husney. There's nothing like hearing him talk to a normal person to really hammer home what a weird motherfucker he really is. Having an explanation of how stuck in the wrestling bubble these guys are from someone who can't function outside it despite having barely been in it for 15 years is really something. Interestingly, from the point earlier, he very clearly accepts that he can't tell the same jokes he told 25 years ago because they're unacceptable and the fact that he's told them and people have laughed in the past is no defence. Not what he said at the time, like.

Also, wasn't telling a joke that wasn't seen as PC now what got him fired from NWA? I only listened to that Youtube bit. I went to listen to the whole episode, but it was over 3 hours. Fuck that! But it was very odd. Even though he knew what Flair was wrong, he couldn't really have a go at him for it, and I think it sounded a bit like he was sorry for Dreamer. However, the was Vince on the plane thing was discussed and it does sound like, at least from what Evan said, that it was true. Regardless, Cornette is so weird.

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Not if it bothers you. Besides if it’s successful it’s not trying is it? I even gave you some suggestions as to why she was. Stop being a pleb.

Doesn't really bother me as such.  I also said "trying" as I didn't want to give you full credit for something.  At least you kinda admit that you're a prick

• Paid Members

Ah, the Kanyon one is gonna be rough to watch. Even by DSOTR standards it stands out as such a sad story. I watched his shoot interview a while back and everyone says it but he seemed like such a genuine and just normal bloke. In a business almost completely full of cretins, he seemed like one of the real exceptions. But the whole way through I just kept thinking about how it ended for him. Like the Daffney suicide recently, it’s just as sad as it gets. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Listening to that excerpt and comparing it to his past comments I reckon Cornette was basically telling Husney what he wanted to hear. You know the dodgy old carny loves being involved in Dark Side and he'll do what he can to keep popping up.

He does that when he has wheels to grease. I remember his review of a Wrestlemania where he buried it in his usual "I hate modern wrestling" style, then he's on the Ross Report the same week and he might as well be talking about a completely different WrestleMania. Sometimes I get the feeling he's only slating AEW because he knows it'll get him views and attention on YouTube and because his gimmick has become that he's a stuck in the mud contrarian. That Kanyon episode will be a sad one. Flair's probably hoping the steroid trial episode will distract from the Plane Ride episode. Has Renee Paquette accepted his offer to go on her podcast and tell his side? 

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, LSM said:

Has Jericho forgiven him yet?

Amazing how the journalist he’s basically using as proof he didn’t do it, he describes as a liar in the same message. Great thinking there!

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

So I have seen a ton of tweets referencing 'When will they do an ep on Jericho?" and their seems to b the odd mention in this thread, what EXACTLY is his dark side in thoery? I always thought for years it was because he was MAGA guy and had an affair with kelly kelly (and no doubt others), is there an allegation (s) I have missed? I'm just a little confused