Darkside of the Ring season 3 discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Totally off the main topic, but on the thread of mitchell and Kanyon, did mitchell end up with all the mortis gear when he left wcw or am I remembering that wrong? 

I know he used it in one of his home videos at some point, so that might be the mix up if I am wrong. 

10 hours ago, mim731 said:

I know Taker has been revealed as a right wing "blue lives matter" bellend in recent years (and he might well hold anti-gay views) but I don't recall seeing anything he said publicly that would label him a "known gay basher"? Be interested to read it if he has said such things. 

Well, Taker did end one interview by saying "I liked when men were men".

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, CL Punk said:

That's not necessarily overt "gay bashing" though is it? I thought that was more in response to the change in locker room culture. I don't doubt Taker has some shitty, less-than-progressive views, but I don't recall him being publicly, openly homophobic. 

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

That's not necessarily overt "gay bashing" though is it? I thought that was more in response to the change in locker room culture. I don't doubt Taker has some shitty, less-than-progressive views, but I don't recall him being publicly, openly homophobic. 

Wasn’t he referring to the likes of AJ Styles who prefer video games to dominoes and acting like some shit biker gang?  AJ Styles, that well known ally of the gay community. 

12 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

I do enjoy a game of Doms over computer games though, to be fair. 

If Mean Mark thinks he’s hard he should try playing dommies with a group of West Indian pensioners. They slam those tiles down harder than any chairshot he gave Kanyon. 

13 hours ago, CL Punk said:

Let me tell ya something. Nowadays, everybody’s gotta go to shrinks, and counselors, and go on “Sally Jessy Raphael” and talk about their problems. What happened to Gary Cooper? The strong, silent type. That was an American. He wasn’t in touch with his feelings. He just did what he had to do. See, what they didn’t know was once they got Gary Cooper in touch with his feelings that they wouldn’t be able to shut him up! And then it’s dysfunction this, and dysfunction that, and dysfunction vaffancul!

- The Undertaker.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

Let me tell ya something. Nowadays, everybody’s gotta go to shrinks, and counselors, and go on “Sally Jessy Raphael” and talk about their problems. What happened to Gary Cooper? The strong, silent type. That was an American. He wasn’t in touch with his feelings. He just did what he had to do. See, what they didn’t know was once they got Gary Cooper in touch with his feelings that they wouldn’t be able to shut him up! And then it’s dysfunction this, and dysfunction that, and dysfunction vaffancul!

- The Undertaker.

He knows the rules to Fives and Threes and Maltese Cross. 

Have some respect. 

The reason Rory (or anyone else for that matter) never heard stories of me forcing myself on ANYONE is simple: it never happened.

Does Flair actually think this is some kind of defence? People have heard about this incident for years, Flair's antics on the flight aren't something that suddenly came to light only in 2021. It's almost as bad as Tommy Dreamer's "I’ve never seen him try to force his will against anybody" line. Can you imagine someone standing up in court as a character witness in a murder trial and saying "I've never seen him try and murder anyone". It's a complete and total non-defence, saying someone couldn't possibly be guilty of doing something just one time because they don't do it all the time. Can you imagine a defendant taking the stand and saying "Well I couldn't possibly have sexually assaulted that one woman, because if I was that kind of person there would be more victims". It's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that Flair stepped a long way across the line of acceptable behaviour one time when drunk, and it's equally just as possible that he has no memory of the incident. How many people haven't had hazy memories of what went on the night before after a heavy drinking session? How many people haven't done something when drunk that they wouldn't consider doing when sober?

• Paid Members

Just as I thought I couldn’t like Terry Funk more than I do, last nights Dark Side pushed him even further.  I could just sit there and listen to him all night.  Comes across as a genuinely wonderful bloke.