Darkside of the Ring season 3 discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

4 hours ago, LCJ said:

Think the episodes on All 4 are old. Don’t think they have any of series 3 yet.

Channel 4 are launching its ‘True Crime on 4’ arm of their streaming service at the end of the year. The newer episodes (and presumably the previous two series) will go on there when it launches. https://amp.theguardian.com/media/2021/jul/13/channel-4-to-launch-platform-tapping-into-boom-in-true-series?__twitter_impression=true

In other news, Meltzer has had an absolute shocker here

Edited by WyattSheepMask

How Dave Meltzer calls himself a journalist is ridiculous isn't. He's basically an enabler for a lot of the things that go on in wrestling as he doesn't dare report on any of it for fear of being cast out of whatever circles he's in. He's a reporter at most but whenever he calls himself a journalist I just cringe because of stories like this and every other sexual allegation that's happened in the last 5/10 years. 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, kieranjennings said:

How Dave Meltzer calls himself a journalist is ridiculous isn't. He's basically an enabler for a lot of the things that go on in wrestling as he doesn't dare report on any of it for fear of being cast out of whatever circles he's in. He's a reporter at most but whenever he calls himself a journalist I just cringe because of stories like this and every other sexual allegation that's happened in the last 5/10 years. 

He'll never be impartial on things like this because he's too close. Everyone is pissing in the pool but he's enjoying swimming widths too much to admit it. 

It's weird how similar McMahon and Meltzer really are. Both have influenced wrestling styles, both utterly weird, both seemingly losing any sense of awareness or reality, both covering up for informers/emoyees transgressions, both displaying misogynistic behaviour and both being arseholes. You could probably even make the argument that Meltzer is more of a promoter than he is a journalist. 

Let's be honest-Meltzer's opinion on this situation is the last person any reasonably person would want.

I have always thought meltzer struggles to separate the characters the women play on tv to the real person. Ie, if they play a shallow bitch on raw he thinks they are that in real life and it's probably the same a little with something like this, he see's her as 'playing the victim' whilst a backstage segment showed she's a heel really.

A thought i have had, with everything that has happened to Dreamer, do you think it has killed the series? This time last week he was very well respected in the business with a comfortable position in Impact, now his future is working high school gyms down south. Some of these old timers might look at him and think "if i say one thing wrong it could ruin me" (especially when a lot of them probably agree with his comments...)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, theringmaster said:

A thought i have had, with everything that has happened to Dreamer, do you think it has killed the series? This time last week he was very well respected in the business with a comfortable position in Impact, now his future is working high school gyms down south. Some of these old timers might look at him and think "if i say one thing wrong it could ruin me" (especially when a lot of them probably agree with his comments...)

I don't think old timey wrestlers will ever turn down an opportunity to be on TV.