Darkside of the Ring season 3 discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

No XPW or FMW like others had reported.

Hmmm ... Maybe this is just the first half of the season, because Rob Black has actually spoke about refusing to do it and the list of people who actually have been interviewed for it. There was 10 episodes last season, so you'd think there's more for it.

I think the inital report was that the show was renewed for 14 episodes for season 3, I'm guessing this is just the first part of the season or something then.

Edit: Here's the report

https://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/vice-tv-renews-dark-side-ring-14-episode-third-season-322986

Dark Side of the Ring is officially returning for a third season.

Vice TV made the announcement today that Dark Side of the Ring has been renewed for season three. The season will premiere in 2021 and will feature 14 episodes.

And..

Vice TV has revealed the premiere date for Dark Side of the Ring season three.

It was announced today that season three of Dark Side of the Ring will premiere on Vice TV at 9 p.m. Eastern time on Thursday, May 6. Six of the topics that will be covered in season three were also confirmed. They are: Brian Pillman, Nick Gage, Collision in Korea, The Ultimate Warrior, Grizzly Smith, and Dynamite Kid.

Season three of Dark Side of the Ring will feature 14 episodes in total. The Pillman episode will be the season premiere. Vice TV noted that an announcement revealing more of this season's "electrifying roster and explosive storylines" will be made later this month.

So yeah, we're getting the rest.

Edited by Merzbow

18 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

The blonde old girl was Warrior's first wife, apparently.

Interested in the Warrior one. 

The Pillman one should be interesting if Melanie Pillman pops in seeing how she came out in Liam's Pillman book he did. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

The blonde old girl was Warrior's first wife, apparently.

Yep - and Bixenspan has said that she was shopping around a book about Warrior that included "things that don't make the world work", so I think her involvement could lead to some pretty wild stuff in that episode. The Grizzly Smith episode is going to be tough viewing. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

has anyone watched any of the Confidential shows Vice has been doing for the existing episodes? worth a go?

I've watched a couple - there's nothing groundbreaking in most of them; a little extra footage, an interview with someone tangentially related that doesn't normally add anything (Mike Chioda for the Screwjob, Savio Vega for Bruiser Brody), and some interesting but non-essential chat about the experience of making the series. There's usually a deleted scene, and it's usually pretty clear why it was deleted.

The Von Erich one has a bit of chat about Fritz's childhood, and some non-committal discussion about how much he could be blamed for it all.

The only one that seemed to have actually added anything was the Gino Hernandez episode, and the additions there are absolutely bonkers. I don't know if I should say what they are, because I was gobsmacked by it.

The main drawback is that they're hosted by Conrad Thompson, who's dreadful, and has no TV presence or sense of tone whatsoever - he'll follow up every anecdote with, essentially, a Tommy Wiseau "what a story!" regardless of whether it's a fun story or something really harrowing, and he just adds absolutely nothing. At the end of the Von Erichs episode he signs off by recommending that you celebrate their wrestling career and remember what great wrestlers they were by going and watching some of their matches - as if the entire point of that episode wasn't that some things in life are more important than wrestling, and seemingly oblivious to the fact that the pressure for them to be "great wrestlers" and live up to the "Von Erich legacy" is what did most of them in. 

3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

IThe only one that seemed to have actually added anything was the Gino Hernandez episode, and the additions there are absolutely bonkers. I don't know if I should say what they are, because I was gobsmacked by it.

Any chance you could mention it with a spoiler tag perhaps? I'm keen to know but not keen to listen to Conrad Thompson for the reasons you mentioned!