Darkside of the Ring season 3 discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

Fuck me, what doesn’t upset Bret ?

Shame, his input on Dynamite would have been so insightful but there you.

I think this is the first time i’ve heard of someone upset with how a DSOTR episode has turned out.

Edited by RancidPunx

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Telling him how great he is.

He always seems to be moaning about someone or something. I get his career was prematurely ended, but he just seems to have done nothing but moan or talk people down in the 20-odd years since.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

Telling him how great he is.

He always seems to be moaning about someone or something. I get his career was prematurely ended, but he just seems to have done nothing but moan or talk people down in the 20-odd years since.

To be fair, he has had a stroke since then, which tends to have long-term effects on how emotionally you respond to things. But also he's a brilliantly bitter prick.

59 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

The Montreal episode was fairly decent for a wrestling story that had already been covered to the point of oh ffs not Montreal again. 

It descended needlessly into a Cornette vs Russo thing that it absolutely didn't need to, that risked overshadowing the whole thing by closing the episode on two middle-aged complaining about each other and alternating between Cornette's fake tough guy bluster and Vince Russo's "I swear to gawd"-ing. Made everyone involved look even more pathetic than they are, particularly when seen as part of a series that featured two murders, systemic abuse, and the Von Erichs.

5 hours ago, RancidPunx said:

4 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

But also he's a brilliantly bitter prick.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Chili said:

I've really fell in love with old grumpy Bret Hart. Watch some of his stuff on those Starrcasts and shoots. His humour is so dry.

Me too! I fucking love moaning Bret! He always comes out with amazing quotes on those shoots. He is gold with a live mic and an audience. I'm so glad he is like this

Brets like Bob Arum in Boxing. He does not give a fuck. I do not know why people dislike him. Fans who say wrestling is boring, and old school wrestlers are only looking for legends contracts and do not want to upset Vince, are the same ones saying Brets a miserable cunt and hates on everything. 

You know Vince loves this Bret more than the “mark” Bret.

Brets not like Punk who has bitched his whole career, with nothing to really bitch about, Bret has had bad things happen with gives him legitimate reasons to bitch. 

Edited by Mr Lawrence

What I love about Bret now is he's wildly inconsistent with who he slags off and praises which makes every interview brilliant. I think he changes his mind on Nash depending on what day it is for instance.

As someone said though, having a stroke can lead to you having long term effects emotionally on your responses. So I always take what he says with that in mind. But on the whole he seems a helluva lot happier in himself now that he's just throwing out shit.

20 hours ago, Supremo said:

The episode didn’t even mention that Bret was on Simpsons. Hatchet job.

I’m now reminded of when someone asked Meltzer about Bret living in Springfield and he didn’t have a scooby what was going on. 

I fucking loved every minute of Bret's run from WrestleMania 13 until Survivor '97.  The 'New' Hart Foundation was tremendous. The year 2000 in WWF was fantastic, but 1997 was really something else.  I'm pleased I was a huge fan back then to see it play out each week.

• Paid Members

He might have a reputation for being a grumpy old prick but can you think of a single wrestler that’s ever been as happy as Bret is here. Slagging off other wrestlers for not being on The Simpsons and showing off his smart TV with his episode queued up. He’s chuffed to bits.