Darkside of the Ring season 3 discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Pretty shite episode, hilarious listening to Jake making up stories about how he was going to hit Warrior with a loaded fist at Mania weekend 😂

The idea that Jake had money in his fist is the biggest myth here.

I thought Warrior was much more human on this one. His ex-wife told the story of a guy who had parent issues and major anxiety. Babyfaced him more than the WWE one actually.

6 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I thought Warrior was much more human on this one. His ex-wife told the story of a guy who had parent issues and major anxiety. Babyfaced him more than the WWE one actually.

Aye a good portion was just like that self destruction of warrior dvd with cornette moaning about how he couldnt work/talk etc completely missing the point that he didnt have to back then

Was interesting to hear about how he had so much self doubt in the earlier days and I think he dealt with a lot more than that with his rampant homosexuality ( I had a friend in school similar who is now gay, not saying its the same but ya know )

13 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Jake is a bullshiter. Jake and Warrior toured Germany together in 1993 and were in the WWF together in 1996 so that Hall of Fame wasn't even the first time they saw each other after Warrior "screwed" Jake by getting himself fired and not losing the belt to Jake after Summerslam 91 even though Warrior had already lost the belt 8 months earlier to Slaughter at the Rumble

56 minutes ago, MEGABUCKS said:

Jake is a bullshiter. Jake and Warrior toured Germany together in 1993 and were in the WWF together in 1996 so that Hall of Fame wasn't even the first time they saw each other after Warrior "screwed" Jake by getting himself fired and not losing the belt to Jake after Summerslam 91 even though Warrior had already lost the belt 8 months earlier to Slaughter at the Rumble

Racking my brain over this and  while 1991 booking had some great moments, it's also really weird. Jake and Undertaker were feuding with Warrior but Warrior gets put into the Match Made in Hell even though he and Slaughter never had beef after the Rumble. Jake gets put with Savage while Taker gets put with Hogan at Survivor Series. It's really interesting where Warrior ends up after SummerSlam. 

Also, Jake moaning about his fortune post SummerSlam is funny considering his feud with Savage is probably the catalyst for WCW and AAA to get in touch post WWF

I saw David Bixenspan was credited as a "Researcher" on this episode; I can't remember seeing his name pop up in the end credits before so not sure if it was just for this episode or he's been involved the whole season.

I know they can't cover everything in about 45 minutes but like Butch I would've liked to have heard something from Rick Bassman.  Would've been far more relevant than David Manning.  Meltzer had him as a guest on his old Eyada show at least once, but that's got to be pushing over twenty years ago now.  Warrior's ex-wife came off fantastically here I though.

6 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

Racking my brain over this and  while 1991 booking had some great moments, it's also really weird. Jake and Undertaker were feuding with Warrior but Warrior gets put into the Match Made in Hell even though he and Slaughter never had beef after the Rumble. Jake gets put with Savage while Taker gets put with Hogan at Survivor Series. It's really interesting where Warrior ends up after SummerSlam. 

Also, Jake moaning about his fortune post SummerSlam is funny considering his feud with Savage is probably the catalyst for WCW and AAA to get in touch post WWF

It's possible Vince shot the Macho Man wedding reception angle becuase he fired Warrior and plans changed for Jake. Then again I do remember seeing Jake not being allowed into Randy's Bachelor party on Prime Time so maybe he was set to feud with Randy all along anyway?