Darkside of the Ring season 3 discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

Can't believe Mitch Snow didn't see the funny side of being 

Spoiler

Drugged by Dynamite putting a halcyon in his drink, then having his head and eyebrows shaved by the Bulldogs while passed out, and waking up to find that and a big shit in his bag. It was supposed to be a bit of fun, according to Dan Spivey! 

Yeah, another pretty heavy episode, but I thought they told his story well enough. I don't think they really scratched the surface on just what a prick he was, mind, and I don't think his horrible behaviour was all down to drink, drugs, injuries and probably CTE, either. 

Watching clips of the Dynamite/Tiger Mask matches for the first time in ages reminded me just how spectacularly good he was in his prime, though. 

Jacques Rougeau seems like he really has had the last laugh over every single person he worked with. Full of laughs and stories, showing his mucles off, everyone else getting all sad that their mate was a tit.

8 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

lightened by possibly the worst lookie likey they have used yet.

spacer.png

Edited by Cannibal Man

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, gmoney said:

Dan Spivey looks like a demon from Doom these days. Scott McGee looked great though. 

He's WWE's rehab counsellor believe it or not. He's the one who takes them there and stays in contact with them when they need help. Which is an honourable job, but ...

... imagine you're at your lowest, thinking you are close to death and then he walks through the door and says "come with me."

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

He's WWE's rehab counsellor believe it or not. He's the one who takes them there and stays in contact with them when they need help. Which is an honourable job, but ...

... imagine you're at your lowest, thinking you are close to death and then he walks through the door and says "come with me."

He's got a massive house according to the background of any shoot interviews I've seen. Like unbelievably massive. Middle of nowhere too. Probably the right guy for the job.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

On 6/11/2021 at 11:48 AM, RancidPunx said:

I was intrigued by the story of his prize fighting days/ bare knuckle boxing for cash….

Had anybody heard that before ?

I am guessing that was around 94-95 ?

I was intrigued by this, too

the first I’ve heard of it was when it was mentioned in Heath McCoy’s stampede book pain and passion 

On 6/12/2021 at 4:33 AM, bAzTNM#1 said:

He's got a massive house according to the background of any shoot interviews I've seen. Like unbelievably massive. Middle of nowhere too. Probably the right guy for the job.

In a way it turned out true that some lives now are truly in Waylon Mercy's hands. 

40 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Christ, the Chyna doc made me so sad I wished I hadn't watched it. I truly hope her "manager" and director never find a moment's peace.

I had a look for a new episode yesterday but couldnt find it anywhere I thought it was on a break till September for some reason

Nevermind found it on xwt, it wasn't listed under dark side of the ring for some reason although it seems to be a longer ep

Edited by Kamaras-Tash

15 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

I had a look for a new episode yesterday but couldnt find it anywhere I thought it was on a break till September for some reason

Nevermind found it on xwt, it wasn't listed under dark side of the ring for some reason although it seems to be a longer ep

I’m pretty sure it’s not part of the series, this is just a stand alone documentary on the same channel.

• 4 weeks later...

With the closure of Vice, it was up in the air a little about whether or not S3 would be available on All4 like the previous two series.

S3 will be available on All4 through its new True Crime on 4 platform, which launches in the autumn- https://amp.theguardian.com/media/2021/jul/13/channel-4-to-launch-platform-tapping-into-boom-in-true-series?__twitter_impression=true