Darkside of the Ring season 3 discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

9 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Listening to the podcast of the latest episode and fuck me John Zandig is a crazier piece of shit than I ever realized, full on Trump signage all over his property including a tank with a Trump model on it.. the Dark Side guys were ten minutes late and he lost it.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU COULDNT FIND IT, ARE YOU BLIND? JEEEEEEEESUS!”

Where is the Dark Side of the Ring podcast? I can only find the one episode which was on the feed for My World with Jeff Jarrett*. Is there a separate feed or is this behind the Patreon paywall with the Chris Hero podcast?

* My World is a really good listen so far. No earth shattering revelations as yet, and there probably never will be, but Jarrett is really charmingly listen to

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Listening to the podcast of the latest episode and fuck me John Zandig is a crazier piece of shit than I ever realized, full on Trump signage all over his property including a tank with a Trump model on it.. the Dark Side guys were ten minutes late and he lost it.

EsHA4U0W4AYYta8?format=jpg&name=large

Lay the law...once again...prepare for war

CZW!

46 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU COULDNT FIND IT, ARE YOU BLIND? JEEEEEEEESUS!”

Where is the Dark Side of the Ring podcast? I can only find the one episode which was on the feed for My World with Jeff Jarrett*. Is there a separate feed or is this behind the Patreon paywall with the Chris Hero podcast?

* My World is a really good listen so far. No earth shattering revelations as yet, and there probably never will be, but Jarrett is really charmingly listen to

That's where it popped up for me, on Jeff's feed.

1 hour ago, CL Punk said:

The Dark Side of The Ring creators were on Renee Young's podcast, Oral Sessions recently.

I think that one is where they talk about being late for an interview with Zandig.

It was the one with Conrad where I heard it told, but they've been doing the podcast rounds so it's likely been said all over the place by now.

I thought it was really interesting and breezed by, with a good selection of talking heads and the topic on the 'lighter' side of things. Considering some of the stuff (Dynamite Kid, Grizzly Smith) still to come and the fact Pillman was just a couple of weeks ago, it's nice to have some episodes that aren't as overwhelmingly tragic. 

Too Cold Scorpio was great value and the re-enactments were spot-on as per. 

It did feel like there were more stories they could have told and maybe left some stuff on the cutting room floor, but they only have 40 minutes so hey. 

20 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Is it more than just "lol korea is weird like"?

There's some of that (mainly from Scott Norton) but there is more to it, yeah.

They have a former CNN correspondent who was stationed there and saw the show, and he does a good job of contextualising everything. 

Can't even imagine how much of a shock it must have been to bunch of mental wrestlers, who probably knew nothing about the region. 

No surprise that the Japanese guys were freaking out when they learned about the show but obviously no one in New Japan was going to tell Inoki and his chin to go do one.