Darkside of the Ring season 3 discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

If the Savage documentary is anything to go by then the A&E show might not be so nice to Warrior, I heard they've used different directors for each episode or so tho.

I miss Bret's podcast where he'd be having fun just ripping into whoever and then the dunking on Rollins for being a shit and hurting Cena seemed to get it canned.

1 hour ago, Cannibal Man said:

in what way?

IN the way he's lived; his LIFE has been a bag of douche ... he never had the best of lives, but he hasn't risen up above the shite.  But the programme was almost an absolution ...  

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Arthur B. Funky said:

Nick Gage was never dealt the best of hands.  Basically.

If anything he made his own hand. His brother had a career and family, he chose not to have that. He had a good hone life from what he said, he just made poor choices. 

Anyway, it was great to see Mox, but Death matches still perplex me in why they are enjoyable in any way. He’s an absolute dick in the ring as well, as shown by what he did with both Mox and Arquette (great to see him too, though preferred the documentary about him over this). I thought it was one of the worst Dark Side episodes. Just didn’t grab me. Glad I watched it, but not one I’d happily recommend. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Arthur B. Funky said:

IN the way he's lived; his LIFE has been a bag of douche ... he never had the best of lives, but he hasn't risen up above the shite.  But the programme was almost an absolution ...  

Seinfeld What GIF by HULU

Anyway.

I absolutely loved the episode and I've always been a fan of Nick Gage. Deathmatch wrestling is something I have enjoyed in the past but I'm not a huge fan of it and 99% of it is gross and depressing. But Nick Gage is a genuinely good wrestler: he does great character work and selling, his brawling and offence is strong and he knows how to lay out matches. I think out of the small handful of deathmatches I've enjoyed he's probably been in most of them. On top of that, he seems a genuinely nice (but definitely weird) guy. After the airing of the episode Twitter has been full of loads of lovely stories about the bloke. I don't think the episode was as emotional as others because Gage's problems were pretty much entirely self inflicted but it was a fascinating episode about a side of wrestling people don't really talk about often.

To clarify, I'm not a fan of how Nick Gage lived his life in the wrestling spotlight.  And he comes across as a douchebag ... he is surely the epitome of garbage wrestling.  

Listening to the podcast of the latest episode and fuck me John Zandig is a crazier piece of shit than I ever realized, full on Trump signage all over his property including a tank with a Trump model on it.. the Dark Side guys were ten minutes late and he lost it.