Darkside of the Ring season 3 discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

19 hours ago, Magnum Milano said:

You know shit has hit the fan when Bix protects his tweets.

The guy has a long history of being a shit stirrer, lighting the flames and then sitting back usually with a big wooden stick in hand, so, as Rick said, it's not surprising people are going to jump on him for something like this.  Bix is also the guy that Brian Last claims stole money from him when they did the 6:05 podcast together, money that was supposed to be split between them was instead going direct into Bix's account.

Anyway, he'll unprotect them in a day or so and quickly be back to his usual odious self.

Off topic but on the new 6:05 podcast Brian Last has absolutely gone in two footed on Conrad Thompson when talking about recent changes to his podcast, some very strong stuff.

1 minute ago, Project Nim said:

Off topic but on the new 6:05 podcast Brian Last has absolutely gone in two footed on Conrad Thompson when talking about recent changes to his podcast, some very strong stuff.

Any chance of a summary? there's not a chance on earth I'm listening to Brian Last

Edited by Kamaras-Tash

10 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Any chance of a summary? there's not a chance on earth I'm listening to Brian Last

Essentially; alleges that Conrad who he refers to as “no balls” attempted to poach John Arezzi from his podcast network, how he wouldn’t work with the “Alabama boy” due to alleged shady business practices and that he’s assaulted a woman previously, said that the only people who work with Thompson are either broke or drunks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been keeping up with the last few of these?

Ive been a wrestling fan for more years than Id like to remember, and have never heard Johnny K9 mentioned once. Dont think hes ever been mentioned on this forum once in all these years either. That said, it was a decent watch. Its quite a razor thin link to the wrestling industry, but his story was interesting enough.

Luna's one was OK. Thought the XPW one was disappointing. The Herb Adams/UWF one was one my favourates, so was expecting more of that. Whether it was because the stories they focussed on have been done to death (New Jack throwing Grimes off the scaffold, the Messiah thumb chopping, the ECW incident), or because they couldnt get Rob Black to feature on it, it just felt a bit by the numbers. Disappointing.

Unsurprisingly I felt like I needed a shower after watching the XPW episode.  Of all the scummy and sleazy promotions in the history of the business I think XPW is right up there near the top, so I agree it was a bit of a letdown given the subject matter.  That clip of the guy handcuffed and being forced to take unprotected chairshots as punishment was disgusting.  Really took away any sympathy you had for Supreme when they showed him on fire (and ultimately being dead now I guess).  Should've thrown some extra charcoal on him, the talentless fuck. 

Thought the Luna episode was good. Didn’t know anything about Johnny K9 but the episode was ok. Didn’t really care about XPW so I didn’t find that episode too interesting and the McMahon steroid trial episode I actually found to be quite boring (but the story about Vince taking off his neck brace and spinning it in the air actually pissed me off).

Edited by LCJ