Darkside of the Ring season 3 discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LCJ said:

Thought that was a decent episode. I highly recommend.

I think it could have done with a bit more on Sunny post candido's death. It made it look like the next thing that happened after he died was sunny going to prison when it was like 15 years of her continued decline between.

Watching the most emotionless man ever Lance Storm crying was tough.

52 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I think it could have done with a bit more on Sunny post candido's death. It made it look like the next thing that happened after he died was sunny going to prison when it was like 15 years of her continued decline between.

I think the struggles of Sunny is an episode in and of itself. Maybe a two-parter. 

Obviously it doesn't have the production value of a DSOTR episode or anything, but here's a decent look at Sunny's issues: 

1 hour ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Watching the most emotionless man ever Lance Storm crying was tough.

The difficulty was the episode was only 45 minutes long. I thought they covered most of the important parts of their story well within a limited time slot. I suppose the argument could be made that 45 minutes isn’t enough for certain topics.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought the Candido one was very good, and covered his story very well for the time they have. As others have said, Sunny is easily a two part episode by herself. Haven't Vice closed for business now though? If so, not likely now. 

Thought the Bourne one was very good too, and a perfect subject for Dark Side. Seemed like an awful person. 

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Dai said:

Thought the Bourne one was very good too, and a perfect subject for Dark Side. Seemed like an awful person. 

It was mostly a good episode but the fact they completely left out the story about him having to leave Georgia in the 80s because he nonced an underage girl was bollocks. Suppose they wouldn’t have had co-operation from his daughter and ex wife if they opened that can of worms but it’s a major part of his story and for a show called ‘Dark Side Of The Ring’ to just ignore the darkest story about a subject because it’ll ruffle feathers is shite.

The Candido episode was alright. Sunny is fucking scum but that’s no revelation. The one on the Graham family was the one of the saddest of all the series for me. Three generations committing suicide. What a horrible tragic story. Mike Graham’s daughter came across really well in that episode. For all the shit she’s been through and still be so positive she must be made of some strong stuff. 

Enjoyed the JYD one, but wasn't much meat on the bone. A lot of wrestlers did lots of drugs in that era, he was No exception. 

Candido/Sunny felt like it barely got going. Should have been a two partner with lots more focus on Tammy's fuck ups. 

Doink has been best by far so far; but feel the Jannetty ep will eclipse all. 

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Three generations committing suicide. What a horrible tragic story.

It was FOUR, sadly, Everybody thinks of Eddie, and he was followed by Steven (Mike's son) and Mike. But B. Brian Blair pointed out in the episode that both Eddie's father and his brother, Skip, had taken their own lives earlier, too.

On 6/30/2023 at 7:32 PM, wandshogun09 said:

It was mostly a good episode but the fact they completely left out the story about him having to leave Georgia in the 80s because he nonced an underage girl was bollocks. Suppose they wouldn’t have had co-operation from his daughter and ex wife if they opened that can of worms but it’s a major part of his story and for a show called ‘Dark Side Of The Ring’ to just ignore the darkest story about a subject because it’ll ruffle feathers is shite.

Never even knew about that story! Yeah that's really bad that they left that out. I'm sure the daughter and wife didn't have huge creative control or could veto the whole thing if they brought it up, so that's a big omission. 

8 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

What's happened to this week's episode it's saying online it's been canceled back next week 

They're taking a week off because it was the 4th of July (and the show would have likely done a terrible rating). They're back with the Adonis episode on Tuesday. 

• 4 weeks later...

The Bash 2000 show didn't give much new info at all but the winner of the entire thing was Lance Storm taking the piss outta Hogan for getting hot over being called bald.

Russo is still a moron and Bischoff probably hasn't told the truth once in over two decades. Neither looks good, Hulk was right to not talk on here either.

I did groan a little when I saw BATB 2000 as a subject because, I mean, really? 

It was entertaining enough though. Also nice to have a 'lighter' topic after so much death and other tragedy. Neither Russo or Bischoff will ever admit to being flat-out wrong in any context, so I wasn't surprised to see it basically devolve into a slagging match, BRO. 

In the end, Hogan was the real winner since he got a massive payout from it all and his career was so strong that, really, this was just a blip on the radar. 

I'm looking forward to The World According to Marty Jannetty next week. Should be a doozy.