Darkside of the Ring season 3 discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Hana Kimura is a difficult one. It's absolutely something that needs addressing, the constant abuse and trolling of wrestlers, especially females online and the weird behaviours encapsulated within wrestling fandom, but they're probably isn't an hour's worth of material there, especially when a lot of the abuse she suffered online came more from fans of the reality show she was on than just purely wrestling fans. 

It's absolutely heartbreaking it happened, but there probably isn't enough source topic that can be made to make it a full episode.

6 hours ago, LCJ said:

Davey Boy Smith would surely be of interest too. The last few years of his life were particularly tragic and I’m sure they could get a lot of friends, relatives and fellow wrestlers to talk about him.

This is probably the best shout so far.  Big name with plenty of material to cover and a clear downward spiral towards the end.  A lot of the other suggestions are veering more into Wrestlecrap/biography territory rather than DSOTR but IWA:MS/Ian Rotten is a definite good shout.  It's second only to XPW for me in terms of feeling like you need a wash just from watching it.  The only drawback there is there's no real end to the story - aren't they still promoting shows to this day?

29 minutes ago, CTXRussomark said:

aren't they still promoting shows to this day?

They died again in 2022 after this..

Then a few other wrestlers pulled out of IWA-MS shows directly after leading to Ian shutting up shop, but they'll be back like the cockroach they are.

28 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

They died again in 2022 after this..

Then a few other wrestlers pulled out of IWA-MS shows directly after leading to Ian shutting up shop, but they'll be back like the cockroach they are.

Haha!  I take it back - that shot of the belts burning could make a decent final shot for the episode!

Sonny Onoo et al vs AOL Time Warner lawsuit.

Alberto el Patron/Del Rio.

The World Bodybuilding Federation.

Muhammad Hassan.

The Hardy Brothers.

Speaking Out.

The Hart Family/Stampede Wrestling

Chyna.

CZW.

I think all of them would make good episodes, a 2 parter for Hart/Stampede.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

Zandig was a bit of a lunatic but doubt you could drag an hour out of it.

He absolutely loved launching people, and himself, off buildings onto all sorts of shit, pushed people into it at times.

Talking of the old deathmatch scene I listened to that interview Jimmy Wiseman had with Ian Rotten all those years back, Ian got absolutely cooked its a wonder he never said fuck all this and hung up the phone🤣

DJ Hyde is an absolute scumbag to be fair but I don't think it'd make a good episode, it's not the headline stuff that Ian has done.

Zandig might be a redneck MAGA cunt but his ownership was weirdly drama free, just trashy wrestling.

• Paid Members

Technically Messiah was a CZW wrestler when those goons lopped his thumb off and tried to take his knob, but that’s really an XPW story. Working CZW was incidental, he could easily have been working for CBeebies and it would have gone down the same.*

*Technically only true if you think it was solely retaliation for shagging Lizzy and not “invading” an XPW show.

Edited by air_raid

6 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Technically Messiah was a CZW wrestler when those goons lopped his thumb off and tried to take his knob, but that’s really an XPW story. Working CZW was incidental, he could easily have been working for CBeebies and it would have gone down the same.

I'd love an in depth documentary or a book on that. 

Wild stuff. It's pretty obvious what likely happened but it's still wild.

Made Americas most wanted aswell didn't it. 

Some serious animosity and bad intentions there and he done well to lose only his thumb.

Edited by NeverYield

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, NeverYield said:

I'd love an in depth documentary or a book on that.

There’s not a book in it. Rob Black stopped booking Messiah because (allegedly) he’d found out that Messiah had shagged his wife - that part, Messiah has since admitted was true. Nearly a year later Messiah and Nick Mondo (while working for CZW) bought tickets to an XPW show and were spotted in the crowd. Black (allegedly) went ballistic backstage. Less than two weeks later Messiah was attacked at home. Connect the dots, allegedly.

Its not a book but it would make a decent couple of pages of a book called “By Golly, Wrestling Sure Attracts Some Scumbags.”