Darkside of the Ring season 3 discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

In terms of safe topics: Kamala would be an interesting one, I'd have thought. Could also see them doing an Andy Kaufman one. An update to the Sunny story seems in order. Something with ECW and 'going out of control', with things like the Mass Transit story, perhaps. And a 'Death of ECW/WCW' too.

Topics that would be good but they may not touch: The whole 'Rockers roofying people' stuff. Jerry Lawler. The Death of ECW concentrating on how much Heyman fucked people over. Ashley Massaro (and the concussions lawsuit).

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Topics that would be good but they may not touch: The whole 'Rockers roofying people' stuff. Jerry Lawler. The Death of ECW concentrating on how much Heyman fucked people over. Ashley Massaro (and the concussions lawsuit).

I'm no expert, but I'd imagine that's a tricky one legally to delve into, given certain people who were around at the time have denied it happened (some more conveniently than others) and the one person who could potentially verify it did, is no longer alive. The risk of potential lawsuits from both the US military AND WWE probably make it no-go for DSOTR, especially with a lack of willing witnesses to corroborate. 

I would say Chris Adams would be a good shout. Especially with the current buzz around WCCW with the film out. He certainly lived a fucked-up life (especially in the tail end of it) and of course has the links to Austin.

Anyone in the UK who could be featured?

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

I would say Chris Adams would be a good shout. Especially with the current buzz around WCCW with the film out. He certainly lived a fucked-up life (especially in the tail end of it) and of course has the links to Austin.

Anyone in the UK who could be featured?

Wasn't he one of the subjects on that Tales From The Territories sister show they did? I'd assume they won't re-tread much covered on there for DSOTR. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, mim731 said:

I'm no expert, but I'd imagine that's a tricky one legally to delve into, given certain people who were around at the time have denied it happened (some more conveniently than others) and the one person who could potentially verify it did, is no longer alive. The risk of potential lawsuits from both the US military AND WWE probably make it no-go for DSOTR, especially with a lack of willing witnesses to corroborate. 

That's why I'm thinking focusing it around the concussion, and the affidavit that came out of it.

Edited by Chris B

As has been said, I doubt a lot of UK wrestlers would be of any interest to DSOTR with the exception of the ones who’ve worked in the States. Regal would be an interesting one with his drug and health issues over the decades but he wouldn’t be able to talk to them now that he’s back in WWE. 

Davey Boy Smith would surely be of interest too. The last few years of his life were particularly tragic and I’m sure they could get a lot of friends, relatives and fellow wrestlers to talk about him.

They absolutely should do Ashley Massaro, if they have some balls.  They've dealt with controversial things before, their legal team is presumably pretty good.

As for other topics - Scott Hall?  Rob Feinstein?  And they haven't touched The Ultimate Warrior yet, have they?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Loki said:

Scott Hall?  Rob Feinstein?  And they haven't touched The Ultimate Warrior yet, have they?

Bit late to now, in fairness. Although I wouldn't put it past either of them.