Jump to content

Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

One of my old local post offices used to function as a small shop and, on the shelves next to the PO queue, my gaze would always be drawn to these tinned hamburgers which I'd idly stare at in quiet wonder. They looked absolutely vile things. 

 

This was them.

 

img_0575we.jpg?w=740&h=494

Posted

Westlers hamburgers in gravy are da bomb yo! Like when you’re a kid and you think dog food looks delicious (no? Just me then) but they’re for humans. Plus, they’re the mums choice!

Posted
19 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

This is such nonsense. I can understand, though I disagree, with all the chat about which brand is best. But suggesting Heinz put different beans in the pots than what they do the tins is fucking ridiculous.

Why would that even make sense for them as a company?

It's does sound odd considering they're the same beans, but they're shit in the pots. Maybe the beans don't store well in the plastic.

On a similar note, I used to hear many arguments about how their sauces used to taste better in the glass bottles.

I think we can all agree that Lucozade certainly tasted better in the glass bottle.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 10/8/2021 at 5:45 AM, scratchdj said:

Also, beans on the hob in a pan for a nice thick sauce, or don’t even bother.

Given that this is the UKFF, I'm almost scared to ask how else other people are doing beans.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 10/8/2021 at 8:35 PM, Tamura said:

spacer.png

Looks delicious.

Those are considered a delicacy in France

Posted
20 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Given that this is the UKFF, I'm almost scared to ask how else other people are doing beans.

Fried in butter but even I won’t do that anymore and I’d hazard a guess that a fair few microwave them.

Posted

I still put butter in my beans, the sauce is too anemic without it. I rarely eat plain beans though, I tend to do thurka beans - Indian style beans.

  • Paid Members
Posted
10 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Given that this is the UKFF, I'm almost scared to ask how else other people are doing beans.

Backwards / with kebab meat / upside-down / dropping them / Sam Gibbs.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

dropping them

Subtlety, thy name is Malcolm.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 10/8/2021 at 6:22 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

This is such nonsense. I can understand, though I disagree, with all the chat about which brand is best. But suggesting Heinz put different beans in the pots than what they do the tins is fucking ridiculous.

Why would that even make sense for them as a company?

It's only like when the Lucozade in cans used to be different from the Lucozade in bottles back in the day. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Sometimes the container does impact the product. Beer in clear glass bottles is likely to loose life and flavour over beer in a coloured bottle due to increased light exposure. Due to the expected cooking method or storage limitations the "mix" can change too, like any quick microwave lasagne will always have more liquid makeup than its oven only counterpart even if the brand is the same.

It's not unrealistic to see a change in the levels of some additives in beans to help storage or stability in plastic over metal which could slightly alter the flavour or texture. I doubt it but I wouldn't say it's definitely not the case. 

Edited by Tommy!
  • Paid Members
Posted
12 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Anytime I hear the saying Take pride in your work. 

More like yeah everything is fucking shit here but be a nice little worker bee anyway. 

Somewhat related to this, clips of Undercover Boss keep popping up on my Facebook feed so I watched a couple earlier. What a thoroughly unpleasant show that looks like. Billionaire CEOs tricking low paid bottom-rung employees then giving them a bollocking after they take off the Scooby Doo villian disguise because the employer has slagged off a customer or said the company is a shithole. And we're meant to side with the gaffer!

  • Members
Posted
20 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Somewhat related to this, clips of Undercover Boss keep popping up on my Facebook feed so I watched a couple earlier. What a thoroughly unpleasant show that looks like. Billionaire CEOs tricking low paid bottom-rung employees then giving them a bollocking after they take off the Scooby Doo villian disguise because the employer has slagged off a customer or said the company is a shithole. And we're meant to side with the gaffer!

Yeah but Frasier-Undercover Boss USA-Kitchen Nightmares USA used to be a superb morning line up on Channel 4.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...