Jump to content

Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)


Recommended Posts

Posted

For how long have Heinz not been stackable? I was just in a German shop and tried a few soups, beans and what have you and they stacked beautifully so I'm wondering if it's Heinz UK taking back control of its tins. Any other EU citizens out there who can pop to the shops?

  • Paid Members
Posted

During my illustrious retail career, most Heinz's tins weren't stackable in the main the entire time from 2002 - 2015. So this is not a Brexit thing. I believe some Heinz lines had tins that were stackable, making the whole thing more infuriating. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I've never had any problem stacking them at home. Are you all stacking them on their sides?

Posted
1 hour ago, gmoney said:

I believe some Heinz lines had tins that were stackable, making the whole thing more infuriating. 

This reminds me... Cadbury multipacks of four Crunchies have a serrated edge that lets you easily tear the wrapper open. Cadbury multipacks of four Wispas do not, forcing you to open it like a bag of crisps. Inexplicable.

  • Paid Members
Posted

All my Heinz soups stack but they are incompatible with some (bit not all) non Heinz tins of varied contents.

 

  • Moderators
Posted
2 hours ago, Perry said:

Anyone tried those Heinz beans snap pots?  They're fucking awful.  They taste nothing like the ones in the tin.  The sauce is watery too

This is such nonsense. I can understand, though I disagree, with all the chat about which brand is best. But suggesting Heinz put different beans in the pots than what they do the tins is fucking ridiculous.

Why would that even make sense for them as a company?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

This is such nonsense. I can understand, though I disagree, with all the chat about which brand is best. But suggesting Heinz put different beans in the pots than what they do the tins is fucking ridiculous.

Why would that even make sense for them as a company?

Look into it, sheeple. I'm not here to do your own research for you!

 

I actually have no idea. I don't like beans.

Edited by 69MeDon
  • Paid Members
Posted
23 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Maybe the wrong thread for this but tinned meals on the whole are pretty poor.

Fray Bentos pies being the exception to your rule I hope. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...