Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

And to think, we used to have to sit through THREE minutes of adverts 3 times an hour on some shows. The dark ages.

NowTV now charge you to remove unskippable adverts on its On Demand stuff, cheeky twats. Couldn't cancel quick enough when they tried to charge me.

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

We've got Absolute Radio on at work and their slogan is 'where real music matters'. Strikes me as elitist and arrogant considering the station plays the same old middle of the road dirge every day.

My favourite is when a radio station interrupts music to tell you they play music, with no interruptions.

25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The best is the "no repeat guarantee" as it's often something arbitrary like an hour or two. No radio station repeats the same song in the same couple of hours, rendering it just a lame 'boast'

What I mean is, Absolute Radio is the worst.

Absolute Radios no repeat guarantee is between 9am and 5pm. I unfortunately know as Absolute Classic Rock is on all the fucking time at work. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Absolute Radios no repeat guarantee is between 9am and 5pm. I unfortunately know as Absolute Classic Rock is on all the fucking time at work. 

They must use up every record they've got in that 8 hour window because the next day will have exactly the same tunes.

• Paid Members

One that I've seen that boggles the mind is people stubbing out their cigs on the sides of bins that have had ashtrays installed on the tops to avoid exactly that. Like the crappiest possible interpretation of Killing In The Name Of ever.