Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

1 hour ago, ElCece said:

The receptionist will be wary about quoting "clinical information". From experience they may well have a hard and fast rule that the receptionist is worried about breaching. 

Grrrrrrr. 

Called again to speak to the doc. Different receptionist passed along my message this time.

Anyways

When you're walking somewhere and then someone comes out of an adjacent road and goes the same way, neither of you is quicker than the other and can't pull in front so you basically end up awkwardly walking alongside each other. 

It happened to me this morning and in the end, a dog walker came towards us both so I did this little 3 second jog to get ahead around the dog walker but then the guy was about 3 steps behind me to the station and I end up looking like a prick.

Also, on the way to the station I walk alongside the cricket green and a woman commuter comes onto the main road from a road on the left and joins the main walk.

If she beats me to the adjoining corner and is ahead of me, it annoys me as it's like a little race with her every morning. Granted this is a minor annoyance at myself for being an absolute weirdo. 

25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

When you're walking somewhere and then someone comes out of an adjacent road and goes the same way, neither of you is quicker than the other and can't pull in front so you basically end up awkwardly walking alongside each other. 

It happened to me this morning and in the end, a dog walker came towards us both so I did this little 3 second jog to get ahead around the dog walker but then the guy was about 3 steps behind me to the station and I end up looking like a prick.

Also, on the way to the station I walk alongside the cricket green and a woman commuter comes onto the main road from a road on the left and joins the main walk.

If she beats me to the adjoining corner and is ahead of me, it annoys me as it's like a little race with her every morning. Granted this is a minor annoyance at myself for being an absolute weirdo. 

Just cue up the closing theme from Buckaroo Banzai and start marching.

11 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

Just cue up the closing theme from Buckaroo Banzai and start marching.

Have you not tried faking a phone message meaning you stop for a couple of seconds and let the other person go ahead? Can be annoying if you have the urgency to win or you know your a tiny bit faster but it does break up that awkwardness. 

• Paid Members
On 9/5/2021 at 7:46 PM, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Did you not see which way it came into the station? 

That doesn't always help unfortunately. At Derby for example some trains exit the way they entered and others go straight through, so unless you know the line it's running you can't be sure. 

Edited by Tommy!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Eugh. Minor annoyance that is COVID related, but not necessarily COVID thread worthy. (And inspired by the milk bottle). The latest Lateral Flow Tests we get are non-NHS branded now, so some other company. They come with the genuinely useful little tubes that have the liquid in it already but its sealed with a silver seal, much like the milk bottle above. Can I open them? Can I fuck? My wife cant either. So basically, I'm forced to stab into them with a sharp knife. I them noticed a small piece of silver foil got into the liquid. So whilst I'm negative for COVID, I'm now positive for silver foil. 

12 hours ago, scratchdj said:

E1BA0348-E2C9-4FDA-91C7-FB32914211B5.thumb.jpeg.9f538af3bb59f87d1890affa69516e91.jpeg

A few years ago I recruited quite a few sales people for one of the businesses that creates those lids, and went to visit them in Slough 

I had to sit through an hour long presentation from the Sales Director on them, how they're made, applications etc. It was the most bored I think I've ever been in my life.

11 hours ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Heinz cans that don't stack.

YES!!  Fucking hell does this annoy me to a ridiculous degree.  They're the only tins I've come across that don't stack and I can't think of any good reason why.  I've purposely stopped buying Heinz where possible for this very reason but the family refuse to switch to non-Heinz beans so I'm still forced to fight with a bunch of sliding tins whenever I'm looking through the cupboards. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, CTXRussomark said:

YES!!  Fucking hell does this annoy me to a ridiculous degree.  They're the only tins I've come across that don't stack and I can't think of any good reason why.  I've purposely stopped buying Heinz where possible for this very reason but the family refuse to switch to non-Heinz beans so I'm still forced to fight with a bunch of sliding tins whenever I'm looking through the cupboards. 

They don't like the vastly superior Branston beans?! 😱

Branston are by far the best beans on the market. They're the beans of the people. Heinz are the Tory beans with their thin weak sauce, pretending to be more than they are on name value, they are overpriced and have shit incompatible tins. 

To be fair I do often slum it and buy own brand beans but still Branston all the way.

Edited by Pork Pie