Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Just arrived 10-15min early for my train found a good seat and settled in for a long journey, only to find out as the train started moving that I'm actually sitting on the left side traveling backwards, rather than the right side traveling forwards (which is objectively the best place to sit).

Because you didn't know which way you (the train) were going I assume? Otherwise I'm baffled as to how this has happened.

Also, the left side of the train is better isn't it? You're always on the outside. The right you're looking at other trains and tracks. 

4 hours ago, DCW said:

Seeing Joe Rogan's annoying face every time I open Spotify and having no way of blocking it even though I pay them a tenner a month!

You must’ve ruined your algorithm at some point. I’ve give them a tenner a month for years and haven’t seen his spud-like head once

Edited by WyattSheepMask

5 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Just arrived 10-15min early for my train found a good seat and settled in for a long journey, only to find out as the train started moving that I'm actually sitting on the left side traveling backwards, rather than the right side traveling forwards (which is objectively the best place to sit).

Did you not see which way it came into the station? 

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, DCW said:

Seeing Joe Rogan's annoying face every time I open Spotify and having no way of blocking it even though I pay them a tenner a month!

the equivalent of this for me is I keep getting Facebook ads for Amazon audiobooks, and the first few books listed on there are something by Jordan Peterson, and then a couple of "HOW CANCEL CULTURE IS RUINING AMERICA" type bollocks. 

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Yep exactly that, I didn't know which was the train was going.

I once managed to go one better. At my local (small) station, I was just barely in time for the train, which I could see at the platform as I get to the station. They close the doors 30 seconds beforehand, but there's a bridge and a flight of stairs down before you can get onto it, and we're already onto the last minute. I've been burned by this before, so I lose all dignity and run across the bridge and down the stairs as fast as I can, and practically throw myself onto the train... just in time to see the train on the platform opposite move away. I'd just hurled myself onto an empty train that didn't leave for another 20 minutes. 

Ran the local GP to ask to speak to him or as i know he is busy, to leave a message for him . This is in regards to my 84 year old dad who has had cancer and now has heart issues.

The Doc was meant to call me last week with an update

The receptionist said he is not available (more than fair) i said can you pass on a message to call me back in regards to my dad . Thats the mesaage…

”Yeah it would be better if you just called again at 2”

I’m like , “oh right so can you tell him what its in regards to in case he needs to check a few details before i speak to him”

”Erm, best if you call at 2 yourself “

Bit sure if the receptionist is lazy or if she can’t pass on a message for a legit reason.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Ran the local GP to ask to speak to him or as i know he is busy, to leave a message for him . This is in regards to my 84 year old dad who has had cancer and now has heart issues.

The Doc was meant to call me last week with an update

The receptionist said he is not available (more than fair) i said can you pass on a message to call me back in regards to my dad . Thats the mesaage…

”Yeah it would be better if you just called again at 2”

I’m like , “oh right so can you tell him what its in regards to in case he needs to check a few details before i speak to him”

”Erm, best if you call at 2 yourself “

Bit sure if the receptionist is lazy or if she can’t pass on a message for a legit reason.

The receptionist will be wary about quoting "clinical information". From experience they may well have a hard and fast rule that the receptionist is worried about breaching.