Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

24 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

There’s been a marked increase in the number of dog eggs around here, too.

Twice I caught the same bloke letting his Dalmatian drop a deuce on our front lawn on the security camera. So I printed off a screenshot, laminated it, cellotaped it to a stick and pierced it through the log for him to gawp at the next morning.

It seemed to make many chuckle as they walked past and the offending owner seemed genuinely bothered by it. Haven’t seen him or Dotty since.

This is so British.

People in gyms who are stuck to their phones and move around the gym at a snails pace dragging their heels.

Fella yesterday, comes in all guns blazing . Within 10 mins he was sat on a weights bench texting on his phone . Just sat there doing fuck all. 

Seen a woman come in, phone stuck to her hand as she went about 1 mph on the treadmill, barely walking speed now. The phone never left her hand and her eyes never left her phone .

Does this not drive gym instructors mad .

7 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

People in gyms who are stuck to their phones and move around the gym at a snails pace dragging their heels.

Slight tangent - this used to really irritate me when commuting. Like everyone's in a rush but nope there's some bellends glued to their phones and not looking where they're going. Number of times I've seen people walking on the edge of the damn platform and nearly falling off.

Worst is people that read while walking. I'm glad you found a good book but seriously.

11 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Fella yesterday, comes in all guns blazing . Within 10 mins he was sat on a weights bench texting on his phone . Just sat there doing fuck all. 

Seen a woman come in, phone stuck to her hand as she went about 1 mph on the treadmill, barely walking speed now. The phone never left her hand and her eyes never left her phone .

What’s even worse are the p-people who come into the gym, do two minutes in the exercise bike then spark up a massive reefer and stink the place out. 

2 hours ago, RancidPunx said:

People seem to do this on the machines/ in the areas which are limited too like squat racks, incline bench, leg press. I've been a sad git and timed people a few times. Longest "rest" I saw was about 15 minutes on the leg press. My old gym had a really good amount of benches to use but as it got busy in the evening they would usually become shelves for bags, phones, bottles etc. 

• Paid Members

shit rappers having the same name as bands I listen to, meaning I get new releases from "K Bizz featuring Squeeze" or something by Sparks that definitely isn't Sparks in my Spotify Release Radar every week. Worse than sodding Limewire. 

7 hours ago, RancidPunx said:

I'm conscious I give that vibe off but only use my phone to put my reps in on an app straight after doing them. I have a PT so it's to log it for them too. I don't generally take more than a minute or two doing it but still don't wanna be seen as 'one of them'. 

7 hours ago, simonworden said:

People seem to do this on the machines/ in the areas which are limited too like squat racks, incline bench, leg press. I've been a sad git and timed people a few times. Longest "rest" I saw was about 15 minutes on the leg press. My old gym had a really good amount of benches to use but as it got busy in the evening they would usually become shelves for bags, phones, bottles etc. 

People who leave their water bottles , phones, towels , keys down on the the only free bench should be banned straight away.