Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Didn't that one get shit on for looking staged as fuck?

I think the issue with that one is surely EVERYONE who works for WWE in any fashion knows what Steph looks like as she's been a TV character in the business they work in for years, plus her "disguise" was a blonde wig & some glasses.

I can buy that lower level employees in other businesses wouldn't recognize the big boss when they shave his head & use the hair to create a massive tache (because they likely don't really know what he looks like anyway) but that one stretched the bounds a bit.

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I treat every new starter in my work like they might be the undercover boss. They don’t find out all the best tips like who’s grass to walk over and which bushes are safe to piss in until I know they’re kosher.

But before divulging that information, you tell them your story about how you haven’t had a holiday in forever because you take care of a kid that isn’t yours but their crack addicted parents left them on the street. And that your commute to work would be easier if your car had an engine. 

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

But before divulging that information, you tell them your story about how you haven’t had a holiday in forever because you take care of a kid that isn’t yours but their crack addicted parents left them on the street. And that your commute to work would be easier if your car had an engine. 

If a Postman found an abandoned crack baby on the streets he’d leave it there and blame Hermes. No chance he’s taking on that sort of unpaid overtime.

This kind of redundant writing in news reports:

He went on to say how it was very “aggravating” and “maddening” to hear these accusations.

Adding: "Did you really think the Laundries had skeletal remains of their son in a plastic bag and brought them to the reserve? Do you realise how ludicrous that is, how aggravating, how maddening it is to even hear those things?"

It's fine when they're just summarising the most pertinent extracts at the beginning of an article, before sharing the full wording later down the page. But there's literally no benefit to a sneak preview of a soundbite they're about to repeat immediately.

As it provides no service to the reader, it's as if the writer's just trying to prove they've read what they're regurgitating. "Copy and paste? Not me, guv! I'm a journalist!" (Unsurprisingly, you'll see this all the time on second-hand wrestling newz sites.)

• Paid Members

One of my biggest minor annoyances is having to talk to the barber when getting my hair cut. I'm fairly introverted so don't really like chatting to people I don't know at the best of times but when a barber starts a conversation you're trapped and can't get out. And while they are usually nice people I've never come across a barber who isn't dull as dishwater or thick as shit, so I'm there trapped - listening to them waffle on about their stupid opinions and they are usually wrong about pretty much everything but you can't really do anything about it because you want a decent haircut.