Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tamura said:

People that stand at pelican crossings without pressing the button.

I'm the opposite, people who press the button despite it being clear it's already been pressed, as though the person stood next to them wouldn't understand how a push button works.

1 minute ago, Tommy! said:

I'm the opposite, people who press the button despite it being clear it's already been pressed, as though the person stood next to them wouldn't understand how a push button works.

What about the people that think they can ‘trick it’ into changing faster by pressing the button multiple times. Or the ones that mess with the little screw underneath 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Tamura said:

People that stand at pelican crossings without pressing the button. I learnt to do that at school, yet every single day I see people stood there gormlessly waiting for the lights to change. I always walk to the next crossing and leave them to wait even longer.

I’ve not touched one of those buttons since early 2020. I’m pretty certain they’re not getting cleaned between uses and I’m not risking it.

8 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Isn't that there for deaf-blind people who aren't able to see the lights or hear the beeping when they change?

They are. But as others have said, the rumour was when we were younger that if you span it quick enough it would change the lights.

My annoyance for the day: people who sit in a communal kitchen for lunch and watch videos with full volume up and no earphones. Fuck off.

• Paid Members

Bits in games where you're character is forced walk slowly. Usually to try and impart some sort of unearned gravity in a dream sequence, or after a big punch up. Its such a ballache, and I always end up shouting "I don't give a fuck!" to the bafflement and annoyance of my girlfriend. Most recently I've endured it in Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition (both Bioware games).

The only time it was ever effecting was the post nuke scene in Call of Duty Modern Warfare, nearly 15 years ago. 

Edited by gmoney

3 hours ago, gmoney said:

Bits in games where you're character is forced walk slowly. Usually to try and impart some sort of unearned gravity in a dream sequence, or after a big punch up. Its such a ballache, and I always end up shouting "I don't give a fuck!" to the bafflement and annoyance of my girlfriend. Most recently I've endured it in Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition (both Bioware games).

The only time it was ever effecting was the post nuke scene in Call of Duty Modern Warfare, nearly 15 years ago. 

I tried a Metal Gear Solid game and the first 90 minutes was you crawling around a hospital to get very slowly to the next cut scene. Fuck knows what happens because I gave up. 

• Paid Members

That killed The Getaway 2 for me, because despite being a bit shit I was sticking with it. Then suddenly having a "stealth" section spooned in because Splinter Cell or something was really popular, bollocks.

Also any game that makes you play drunk or stoned by waving the camera around and making the controls unresponsive & sensitive randomly can go for me too, always the same and I've never enjoyed playing it that I remember.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I tried a Metal Gear Solid game and the first 90 minutes was you crawling around a hospital to get very slowly to the next cut scene. Fuck knows what happens because I gave up. 

Ah yeah, I've been meaning to give that another go at some point but can't bring myself to trudge through that opening again. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

What about the people that think they can ‘trick it’ into changing faster by pressing the button multiple times. Or the ones that mess with the little screw underneath 

Probably related to those morons on trams/trains that despite knowing the “open doors” button doesn’t work until it’s lit up, press it repeatedly anyway.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Probably related to those morons on trams/trains that despite knowing the “open doors” button doesn’t work until it’s lit up, press it repeatedly anyway.

As stupid as they are they're still better than the cunts who step off and stand in the doorway looking up and down the platform for the exit like they were the only people getting off the train.

25 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

As stupid as they are they're still better than the cunts who step off and stand in the doorway looking up and down the platform for the exit like they were the only people getting off the train.

To be fair, they are being encased by people standing right up to the door outside the train because there’s no way that anyone will be getting off

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

FHX22jmXIAg0NXm.thumb.jpeg.80749c3db249219e4bf242544ff94996.jpeg

Asda's bogroll has started doing that when you start a new roll as well. It's annoying.