Jump to content

Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
On 7/31/2021 at 7:18 PM, Mr_Danger said:

As well as future endeavouring people I always put kisses under other people’s names on the group cards in work. 

Yes! Kisses under other people's names is something I started doing a few years ago. Throw in the occasional other person's mobile number and it can be a good laugh.

Edited by Suplex Sinner
  • Paid Members
Posted

Amazing how having the zip on the other side / buying a woman's garment completely throws you off. I had a jacket like this a couple of years ago and I had to get my 14yo to zip it up for me, which they then followed by asking, "Should I put you in an old people's home now I'm doing your clothes up for you?"

  • Members
Posted
17 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Yes! Kisses under other people's names is something I started doing a few years ago.

Funny.

17 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Throw in the occasion other person's mobile number and it can be a good laugh.

Slightly sociopathic. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Yes! Kisses under other people's names is something I started doing a few years ago. Throw in the occasion other person's mobile number and it can be a good laugh.

I mean, I’ll occasionally squeeze the odd “love from” in between the message and the name but I’m not about breaking up happy homes!

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I had to get my 14yo to zip it up for me

That's actually sort of why buttons/zips are on the other side for women's clothes; when buttoned clothes were first introduced, rich men would have dressed themselves, while rich women had servants to do it, so buttons were positioned accordingly. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Websites that delete your email address from the username box when you get your password wrong so you have to type it in again. 

Posted

I really hate football positions being referred to by a number, especially as numbers are interchangeable depending on where you are.  In Brazil 6 is a left back, in the UK it was always a centre back and in Europe it was a more defensive midfielder (which I would always have as 4).  It also meant more before squad numbers became a thing and needs to fuck off.  Mason Mount is an attacking midfielder not a "number 10".

The only position I'll accept this sort of behaviour for is in goalkeeper.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

Timberland clothing typically have the zips on the other side. I look like Arsene Wenger when I'm trying to zip up my Timberland jacket. 

You sure you're not wearing it backwards?

  • Paid Members
Posted

There’s a ton of brands that are putting the zips on the wrong side. I have hoodies from Nike, Nimbus, American Apparel, Russell and AWDIs and the inconsistency is terrible. Fairly sure my North Face jacket zips on the wrong size too. Not women’s, not backwards. But unsold Leftorium stock nonetheless.

  • Paid Members
Posted
14 hours ago, Dazzer said:

I really hate football positions being referred to by a number, especially as numbers are interchangeable depending on where you are.  In Brazil 6 is a left back, in the UK it was always a centre back and in Europe it was a more defensive midfielder (which I would always have as 4).  It also meant more before squad numbers became a thing and needs to fuck off.  Mason Mount is an attacking midfielder not a "number 10".

The only position I'll accept this sort of behaviour for is in goalkeeper.

The only real time I've ever heard numbers used over position names, is No.9 an No.10. No.9 because it is the traditional number for your main striker(and was everywhere as far as I know), and No.10 being more of a non-British thing where it was assigned to the most talented, creative attacking midfielder/deeper playing forward(although it was also assigned to the sweeper/libero when said player was the playmaker).

In almost 35 years of watching the game though, I don't think I've heard other positions called a number(other than the 'keeper). Certainly never heard anyone describe a left-back as a "number 3", as in one of your examples. Not saying it's never happened, but it's not something I can recollect...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...