Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

Or just said at the start that’s what annoyed you. I agree with you, it’s a myth and they seemed to be a right horrible bunch. Not sure if Bobby is as bad, he seemed half decent. 

My ancestral home town is small and was once visited by Kennedy because his ancestors were from nearby. So every fucking thing is Kennedy this, Kennedy that!

Cheers for the link!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
47 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

When the bus starts driving off before I've even sat down, throwing me off balance for a second. 

Additionally, old people that go upstairs on the bus and insist on doddering down the stairs when it's still in motion. A consistently terrifying sight.

• Paid Members

They should bring back downvotes for posts like this, BUT...as a creative type, it drives me mad when I see any sort of sign “wet paint” / “interview in progress” / “reserved” whatever, any of those, just knocked up quickly in word for spontaneous use signs...and they’re in Calibri, the default Microsoft word font.

I know.  There’s literally no need to change it in these instances, but you’ve been given an opportunity to create something and thought ‘nah, fuck that’.  Just flirt with Impact, Papyrus if you’re feeling particularly inspired, but no...

This ire intensifies tenfold when the person in question refers to themselves as having ‘designed’ the signage.

I too am a creative type and someone in work left a message on the whiteboard for an extra curricular meet up between colleagues in a couple of weeks. He signed it off with the message to see him “for deets”. Fucking deets! We’re meant to be the industry leaders in communication delivery and this cunt says “deets!” I did the only honourable thing and rubbed out the deets bit and replaced it with “See me for a real good time”.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

I might have mentioned this before but people at work starting emails with "hey". 

I'm sure they mean it in a jovial way but I always read it in a slightly confrontational tone in my head, the sort of "hey" you'd here when you've nudged someone at the bar and split a bit of thier pint. It's especially true  when they don't even put "Hey Tommy's real name" but just "Hey" or "Hey!" as an opening. 

Is this a common thing?

• Moderators

I've debated that in my head a number of times as a natural 'hey' user in spoken conversation. Generally I err on the side of caution as a result when written.. I'll only use it with people I'm more familiar with. So I guess if any of them are like you they just assume I'm an aggressive cunt now.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

I could spend all day moaning about email etiquette, but since when did writing a simple email become “reaching out”? 

Hey Matt

Thanks for reaching out…

Top level fuckery that seems to have infiltrated our working lives. 'Circling back' is one that makes my teeth itch. Equally frustating is 'taking things offline'. Makes more sense on Zoom calls, but when people are saying that in an 'in-person' meeting? Get in the bin!

1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

I could spend all day moaning about email etiquette, but since when did writing a simple email become “reaching out”? 

Hey Matt

Thanks for reaching out…

I might start responding to emails with "Thanks for reaching round" and see if it takes off.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, marc2j said:

Top level fuckery that seems to have infiltrated our working lives. 'Circling back' is one that makes my teeth itch. Equally frustating is 'taking things offline'. Makes more sense on Zoom calls, but when people are saying that in an 'in-person' meeting? Get in the bin!

I don't mind this one as it's a good shorthand way of saying "shut up and stop derailing the meeting, I'll talk to you about this later".

It sounds wanky, but it's useful.

There's one lad at work that insists on using my full first name (Jonathan) instead of what I refer to myself as (Jon), even though I use Jon in my signature on all emails and 150+ other staff members call me Jon. The only people that call me Jonathan are my nan, my mum when I'm getting a bollocking and this prick.