Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Anyway, can't deny it's a shit name for a band, but Death Cab for Cutie are named after a Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band song, so I don't think you can accuse them of... whatever it is your accusing them of. 

Like a man wearing orthopaedic shoes, I stand corrected.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Articles that are formatted like fake Q and As What are they then when their at home? They're annoying little articles that attempt to explain something new to , like an iPod or something written

Getting the Countdown Conundrum or a 9 letter word when no one is there to see it.

A woman in work a couple of weeks ago complained that her fucking bog standard floppy ass bank statement/phone bill/dog shelter letter was folded when posted through her tiny postcard sized post box.

Posted Images

On a similar "shortening things" note, I've not bothered watching much WWE over the last couple of years, but had a look at a Smackdown (or something - the latest episode of one of the weekly shows, whatever it was) a couple of weeks ago. When did Michael Cole start dropping the "out" of "kick out" when someone gets their shoulder up during a pin (which itself is annoying because just lifting a shoulder up isn't really "kicking out")? Whichever wrestler it was, he "kicked at two". Not "kicked out", just "kicked". It doesn't even make sense.

10 minutes ago, King of Hamptons said:

My Girlfriend... She has to stop and pet every dog she sees.. One today had a go at her.. Even after many attempts of telling her that not every dog wants to be her friend. 

Perfectly acceptable behaviour.

A fella in work will approach any dog he see’s even if the owner warns him. His arms are covered in scars from dog bites.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

On a similar "shortening things" note, I've not bothered watching much WWE over the last couple of years, but had a look at a Smackdown (or something - the latest episode of one of the weekly shows, whatever it was) a couple of weeks ago. When did Michael Cole start dropping the "out" of "kick out" when someone gets their shoulder up during a pin (which itself is annoying because just lifting a shoulder up isn't really "kicking out")? Whichever wrestler it was, he "kicked at two". Not "kicked out", just "kicked". It doesn't even make sense.

I can’t stand how often this shortening happens in food TV or on menus. Even when the context tells me what’s missing, I still hate it. I know “baby gem” can only mean lettuce, and “Swiss” is probably going to mean cheese on the sandwich, not chocolate, but I hate it anyway.

Also, crap American house flipping shows that Mrs watches where they say “master” but can’t be bothered to add “bedroom.” Although that pales in comparison to how my blood boils when they mention the “reno.”