Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted December 2, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 2, 2020 When a phone vibrates on a film/tv show off-screen. 90% of the time I think it's mine even though I keep the fucking thing on silent. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted December 2, 2020 Posted December 2, 2020 36 minutes ago, ElCece said: I bloody hate it when I've settled down for the evening and I'm engrossed in my favourite TV programmes only out of the corner of my eye is someone leering in through my window watching my TV with me. If it’s the wanking that bothers you I’ll try to be more discreet. Quote
Paid Members PJ Power Posted December 2, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 2, 2020 When someone lazily parks their used shopping trolley in the bay without bothering to put it back "in place" in line with the other trolleys. Only a problem with trolleys that don't require a quid or euro to lock/unlock but the ones at my local Asda are the most annoying. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted December 2, 2020 Posted December 2, 2020 2 minutes ago, PJ Power said: When someone lazily parks their used shopping trolley in the bay without bothering to put it back "in place" in line with the other trolleys. Only a problem with trolleys that don't require a quid or euro to lock/unlock but the ones at my local Asda are the most annoying. Ah, "The Shopping Trolley Theory" is a fine indicator as to a persons moral compass. Quote
CavemanLynn Posted December 2, 2020 Posted December 2, 2020 31 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: Ah, "The Shopping Trolley Theory" is a fine indicator as to a persons moral compass. I dread to think how many people I may have passed Covid onto by rearranging the trolleys in the covered bays into rows of size at the end of my weekly shop. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted December 2, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 2, 2020 It’s starting to bug me how the phrase “point(s) of difference” is starting to get everywhere like it’s the new buzz phrase. There was one episode of Masterchef last week where Egg Wallace and Marcus both used it, and it’s popped up several times, and the other day I heard football commentators use it re : Mendy being this years improvement for Chelsea and improved defending for Spurs. I don’t watch Michael Cole any more but it strikes me as the kind of nonsense he’d shoehorn in anywhere he could. Like “create some separation.” Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted December 2, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 2, 2020 On 11/12/2020 at 12:02 PM, garynysmon said: Basically my minor annoyances are all due to my chronic impatience. In the latest installment of this, today I walked 10 minutes to another shop at the other end of town as I couldn't be arsed joining the four person queue at the bakery right near my house. Quote
lars85 Posted December 2, 2020 Posted December 2, 2020 When a character on a TV show is texting someone they obviously talk to all the time, like a family member or friend. It shows their phone screen and it's always the only message on there, no previous conversation. Like everyone in Albert Square immediately deletes every message as soon as they send them. Winds me up far more than it should. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted December 2, 2020 Posted December 2, 2020 11 minutes ago, lars85 said: When a character on a TV show is texting someone they obviously talk to all the time, like a family member or friend. It shows their phone screen and it's always the only message on there, no previous conversation. Like everyone in Albert Square immediately deletes every message as soon as they send them. Winds me up far more than it should. I mentioned somewhere on here about the way some programmes and films do that thing where they show a live animation of texting and it deletes and corrects spelling mistakes. It was in a documentary about a woman and her kids disappearing. Ruined it for me, it did. Also, no fucker has the click noise when you type on their phone turned off. Only nonces do that. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 2, 2020 Members Posted December 2, 2020 48 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: Also, no fucker has the click noise when you type on their phone turned off. Only nonces do that. Eh? You have the click noise turned ON? Quote
Keith Houchen Posted December 3, 2020 Posted December 3, 2020 I fucked that up. It should be silent when you type. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted December 3, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 3, 2020 12 hours ago, Keith Houchen said: Also, no fucker has the click noise when you type on their phone turned off. Only nonces do that. This is absolutely true and rational. The only person I know with touch tones is my mother, because she can’t figure out how to turn them off. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted December 3, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 3, 2020 One of my favourite parts of the shit film Don't Breathe, which is a film about some robbers stuck in a house with a psychotic blind man who has enhanced hearing, is one of the robbers texting for help from an airing cupboard - with their touch tones on. Masterful. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted December 3, 2020 Moderators Posted December 3, 2020 1 hour ago, air_raid said: This is absolutely true and rational. The only person I know with touch tones is my mother, because she can’t figure out how to turn them off. Did you just call your own mother a nonce? Harsh. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted December 3, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 3, 2020 4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: Did you just call your own mother a nonce? Harsh. Talcum powder gives me PTSD. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.