Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

Because this happened to me this morning and I got stuck behind someone, people who use the self-service checkouts in supermarkets and shops, yet end up calling a member of staff over to help them because they don't know what they're doing or have made a mistake and don't know how to correct it.  Ends up taking you twice as long as it should have when the whole premise of self-service is to speed things up.

2 hours ago, Magnum Milano said:

Because this happened to me this morning and I got stuck behind someone, people who use the self-service checkouts in supermarkets and shops, yet end up calling a member of staff over to help them because they don't know what they're doing or have made a mistake and don't know how to correct it.  Ends up taking you twice as long as it should have when the whole premise of self-service is to speed things up.

A minor annoyance of mine is people who refuse to use self service checkouts because it’s doing people out of jobs, or object to the automising of society etc and then go and get some cash from the ATM. 

• Moderators

I like anyone who refuses to use a self serve for any reason, because it means longer lines on the proper tills and shorter ones for me. When they were first introduced it was brilliant because no-one used them. Nowadays scan while you shop is where its at for a checkout method that scares people away from using it.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

A minor annoyance of mine is people who refuse to use self service checkouts because it’s doing people out of jobs, or object to the automising of society etc and then go and get some cash from the ATM. 

Wait, there are physical banks with people working in them?

Jokes aside, my nearest bank is in another city and it's proper tucked away.

6 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I like anyone who refuses to use a self serve for any reason, because it means longer lines on the proper tills and shorter ones for me. When they were first introduced it was brilliant because no-one used them. Nowadays scan while you shop is where its at for a checkout method that scares people away from using it.

Not to mention all the free cheese you can fake scan through them.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Scan while you shop is great, except my experience is that you never quite manage to check out and pay when you SHOULD be able to, because my rate for getting chosen for a “quality check” by a staffer is very close to 1 in 1.

34 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

At a petrol station when people who don't realise or are scared to drag the fuel nozzle to the other side of their car where their petrol cap is.

Hint, the pipe is long enough.

As mentioned on here before, I always sing “No Scrubs” by TLC when pulling onto the forecourt to remind myself where my fuel cap is located. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, garynysmon said:

At a petrol station when people who don't realise or are scared to drag the fuel nozzle to the other side of their car where their petrol cap is.

Hint, the pipe is long enough.

10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I sing the Sporty Thievz version whenever I'm in Trafalgar Square. 

Too many Partridge jokes for one thread.

10 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I had a Pot Noodle for the first time in ages today. I very much enjoyed it but is there any way of eating without ending up with the sauce on your chin? It reminded me why I don't eat them very often. Do I just not know how to eat?!

Yes. Either put the water to the lowest line, so its drier rather than wet. Also sit the lid on for a good 5 minutes for more dryness. 

Or do what I've been doing lately, have it wetter and just whack it all in sandwiches. Living the dream.

I've never drunk the liquid, its never occurred to me to do that, it's not cereal @Chest Rockwell!

Usually it's the noodles having a lot of liquid on them and then hitting the chin due to hanging off the fork that is the issue. I don't have that problem with something like spaghetti for example as the sauce is thicker and they wind easily and neatly on to a fork. I don't have this issue with anything else.