Jump to content

Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)


Recommended Posts

Posted

Had to get the tram today and there was a total boombaclart on there.  Cunt sat there with big sunglasses, a fucking Dapper Laughs I'm sorry jumper, and some checked trousers.  Worst of all was he was on his phone but speaking like he was on The Apprentice, then raising the phone to his ear to hear what the other person was saying, then holding it in front of his stupid twatty face when speaking back to them, then putting it back to his ear.

I hope he has a shit and realises too late that there is no bogroll.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Articles that are formatted like fake Q and As

What are they then when their at home? They're annoying little articles that attempt to explain something new to , like an iPod or something written as if it's conversation between two people, one asking dippit questions and the other dryly responding.

Oh, that's sounds great actually, why do they piss you off, are you a miserable cunt? No, but the format is very tired, I find it difficult to believe that anyone likes writing or reading them.

You certainly seem like you're struggling. Well yes, quite.

 

 

Posted
1 minute ago, scratchdj said:

Similar to this is anything that tells you something and then follows with:

Did you know? 

And then tells you a really uninteresting fact that nobody would ever care about or know.

See Garth Crooks’s Team of the Week.

 

Just to add. “Is it just me” or “I can’t be the only one” kind of bullshit that starts something that loads of people do. 

  • Members
Posted
1 hour ago, gmoney said:

Articles that are formatted like fake Q and As

What are they then when their at home? They're annoying little articles that attempt to explain something new to , like an iPod or something written as if it's conversation between two people, one asking dippit questions and the other dryly responding.

Oh, that's sounds great actually, why do they piss you off, are you a miserable cunt? No, but the format is very tired, I find it difficult to believe that anyone likes writing or reading them.

You certainly seem like you're struggling. Well yes, quite.

 

 

Basically, Guardian Pass Notes. I always think they must be so awkward to write as well.

Today's offender.

spacer.png

Posted
44 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Similar to this is anything that tells you something and then follows with:

Did you know? 

And then tells you a really uninteresting fact that nobody would ever care about or know.

See Garth Crooks’s Team of the Week.

 

Nearly the same thing, but anyone who starts a YouTube comment with "Fun fact ..." can fuck right off.

  • Paid Members
Posted
20 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Basically, Guardian Pass Notes. I always think they must be so awkward to write as well.

Today's offender.

spacer.png

It was one I read in the Guardian earlier that set me off actually, about a new study about humans potentially living to be 150. I felt at least 125 after reading it.

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 minutes ago, gmoney said:

a new study about humans potentially living to be 150

Good news you could potentially live for 150 years

Bad news we think the earths fucked in about 50 years 

 

 

Posted

This one is a little hard to explain, but stick with me. When video games - usually older ones - are only part voice acted, I find that really irritating. For example, when written dialogue is preceded by a few words that are voice acted (usually the same word/words, like "that's right"), or a grunt. This clip from Radiant Historia probably explains it better than I'm doing - one fully voice acted character, and another that is not: 

I'm playing this game right now, and it's really taking me out of the (actually quite excellent) story. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

'Comedy' voiceovers on TV shows. Made popular by the Come Dine with Me bloke (probably the only decent example of this), this trope is so fucking overused now. 

I just popped to my Nan's and shes watching Bargain-Loving Brits In The Sun (no, me neither). Basically a series following expat Brits living in Spain. Which sounds bad enough, but after every fucking line him out of Cold Feet jumps in with an 'hilarious' quip or one-liner to take the piss out of the old girls who are likely just doing whatever the producers told them.

I only watched 10 minutes of it and I wanted to throttle him.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Immigrants. 

I love having this conversation with racist Germans. I've literally moved over here to take their jobs and fuck their women, yet they don't mind me for some reason.

  • Paid Members
Posted
18 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

'Comedy' voiceovers on TV shows. Made popular by the Come Dine with Me bloke (probably the only decent example of this), this trope is so fucking overused now.

Nobody tell him about Hugh Dennis.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

a minor annoyance of mine which i got reminded of this morning... people shortening band names or to a single word. The annoyance this morning was listening to the S'appening podcast which had Colin Doran from Hundred Reasons on as a guest. The host of the podcast referred to the band as 'Reasons, which really fucking annoyed me. There's thousands of them though and it annoys me every single time. Few examples.

System of a Down - System

Bullet for My Valentine - Bullet

While She Sleeps - Sleeps (that one really grates)

My Chemical Romace - My Chem

and on and on ?

 

Edited by Egg Shen

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...