Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

11 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Dunno, in a small(ish) office, I still prefer the walk over to the desk and enthusiastically congratulate them publicly, in full view of said 'non job getter', especially if they're in earshot as well.

But we live in a "new normal" where leaving your desk is frowned upon, especially if it's not to follow the arrows on the floor to the exit, bathroom, or kitchen. The very notion of getting up, swaggering over to another persons desk, completely disregarding the social distancing rules and offering not only a verbal congratulations but throwing your germ-infested hand out there like it's 2019 or something seems unnervingly provocative.

You'd be as well just ripping off your mask and licking their neck by that point, so far you'd be down the unacceptable new normal rabbit hole. In for a penny, in for a pound and all that.

• Paid Members
On 6/10/2021 at 4:44 PM, Lorne Malvo said:

'Comedy' voiceovers on TV shows. Made popular by the Come Dine with Me bloke (probably the only decent example of this), this trope is so fucking overused now. 

I just popped to my Nan's and shes watching Bargain-Loving Brits In The Sun (no, me neither). Basically a series following expat Brits living in Spain. Which sounds bad enough, but after every fucking line him out of Cold Feet jumps in with an 'hilarious' quip or one-liner to take the piss out of the old girls who are likely just doing whatever the producers told them.

I only watched 10 minutes of it and I wanted to throttle him.

Just to add to this, voice overs that try and take the piss, but that don't have anything to work with. Watching Antique Roadtrip earlier and one of the dealers on there's was looking at something they liked the look of, but it didn't have a price on it so they said "I'd better go and find out out what that costs". Then Cunto on the voice over goes "Hmmm, yes I think you better had!!" In a tone that suggested that they'd made some amazing joke at the expense of the dealer. What's the fucking point of that?

• Paid Members
On 6/24/2021 at 1:45 PM, SuperBacon said:

My biggest email annoyance used to be when a mass email is sent round congratulating someone on an achievement

On a sort of related note some places I work use length of service as an achievement. I understand if it's a significant time, a job someone's done all thier life, but once a quarter we all get together to be coerced to cheer on people who haven't quit in 1,2,3, 4 and 5 years since starting. At no point has anyone ever celebrated anything they've done it that time, just that they haven't left the business in the last 12 months. 

Never understood it myself.

@gmoneyhave you seen the Dave Gorman bit where he takes the music and similar voice over track off homes under the hammer to show that all your really doing is watch someone solemnly walk around an empty house? 

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Hermes having your parcel out for delivery, then changing their mind and not bothering to actually deliver it.

Even worse when they mark it down as "attempted delivery" even when you've been in the house all fucking day.

The worst is when they say it's been delivered and just nick it.

• Paid Members

When its a dead heat and you allow someone to go in front of you at the queue in the chippy only for the cunts to order everything in the whole bastard shop.

+ This infuriating modern practice of walking around with the phone in front of your face. What on earth is that all about?!

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

+ This infuriating modern practice of walking around with the phone in front of your face. What on earth is that all about?!

Video calls, looking something up while chatting to someone, verbally dictating a text or email. All decent reasons.

• Awards Moderator
21 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

Even worse when they mark it down as "attempted delivery" even when you've been in the house all fucking day.

The worst is when they say it's been delivered and just nick it.

The excuse at the moment is “courier had an issue getting to the delivery address”. I’ve got no idea what that is meant to mean but it doesn’t fill me with hope that they’ll be trying again. 

• Paid Members

Got home from a funeral tonight, a bit worse for wear and sqwibbly from six pints of lager, and ordered a Maccies on JustEat only for the bastards to cancel the order after forty minutes of waiting. No reason given, just a "fuck you, sir".

Bastards.

• 2 weeks later...

Very #FirstWorldProblems, but I have to stay in all day as I'm waiting for a very important delivery from DHL. The tracking says "by end of the day" and the buzzer to the door system is broke (can talk but can't unlock) meaning I have to go down and let them in. This isn't an issue obviously, but I'm worried the delivery driver will do one before I've got there, as has happened before.

I did pop down at 8am and leave the communal door on the latch, but seeing as there is a dentist's in the same building, some fucker has put it back on.

I just want to have a relaxing poo.

On a related note, I despise the buzzer system and would happily smash it off the wall.

• Paid Members

I'm in a very similar situation - though with me it's that the buzzer system can't talk but can unlock, but delivery drivers to here don't seem to understand that and just keep buzzing it even after I've pressed the button to let them in, so I usually end up going downstairs to collect anyway. Likewise, I'm tempted to try and wedge the front door open and hope for the best. 

13 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I'm in a very similar situation - though with me it's that the buzzer system can't talk but can unlock, but delivery drivers to here don't seem to understand that and just keep buzzing it even after I've pressed the button to let them in, so I usually end up going downstairs to collect anyway. Likewise, I'm tempted to try and wedge the front door open and hope for the best. 

Yeah but that's in 'that there London'. There's no way I'd be wedging the communal door open!