Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members

"I'm incredibly depressed and dream of expediting the passage of time until I'm feeling better" might be more accurate and stop people trying to be smart cunts but it makes for a shit lyric and would be a bugger to write a tune to. 

I do love it when people try and dig into lyrics as having some deep meaning that's not there though. Someone once spent ages telling a group of us Bohemian Rhapsody was a deep story about him finding out he had aids until someone pointed out he wasn't diagnosed until years after its release. 

Edited by Tommy!

30 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

"IT'S 1ST OCTOBER! BETTER WAKE UP BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG" memes are a thing.

Nonsense. It’s expected of me on Facebook to proclaim this, then say see you next month for the Wyclef one. It’s up there with the stiffy at the bus stop when the clocks change. 

4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nonsense. It’s expected of me on Facebook to proclaim this, then say see you next month for the Wyclef one. It’s up there with the stiffy at the bus stop when the clocks change. 

The only one of these types of memes I like is Scroobius Pips "Happy Fathers Day motherfuckers!!!"  which genuinely makes me laugh every year.

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

"Wake me up, when September ends".

So, the 1st of October then.

This isn’t the same as the others though. “When September ends” let’s the listeners (teenagers taking their tentative steps in to the alternative radio friendly music scene) that September is shit. Wake me up when it’s the 1st of October might just mean he hates the other nine months but really loves the last quarter. 

Also the greatest bad lyric album ever has to be My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Yeezy himself. The Chris Rock monologue, the “Sent a bitch a picture of my dick” line in Runaway the lot. It’s like his own personal love letter to misogyny wrapped up in expertly produced hip hop bangers with the worse lyrics ever. 

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, theringmaster said:

Surely that's just a lyric trying to explain what it's like to be on drugs? I'm pretty sure Noel has even said this.

Nah, he just couldn't think of anything to rhyme with hall other than cannonball. Not a joke by the way, that's what he has said.

I know we're veering well off topic, and this could be an unending topic (especially within hip hop) but Nas exclaiming last year that he was "still going deeper like I grew a new inch on my dick" quite possibly is the worst lyric I have ever heard.

And that takes some doing with some of the shit I listen to.

1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

You've lost me I'm afraid.

Hogan apparently knew about Liberace’s HIV/AIDS diagnosis before he did and has made comments about not wanting to shake Liberace’s hand at WM1, thinking that he might catch HIV/AIDS from him. WM1 was in March 1985, Liberace wasn’t diagnosed (which happened privately) until August 1985, and his illness wasn’t made public until his death nearly 2 years later.

Suppose it’s more that The Hulkster is the person in your story with the deep knowledge of Bohemian Rhapsody

Edited by WyattSheepMask

12 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Nah, he just couldn't think of anything to rhyme with hall other than cannonball. Not a joke by the way, that's what he has said.

“Slowly walking down the hall, bumped  into Scott Hall, where were you when we were getting high”

All sorted now.

As it the anniversary of her death

Her name was Mary Jo Kopechne, not the women who died at Chappaquiddick.

As stated this article she had barely started her life whereas Ted Kennedy was given another chance.

He was voted into office after this. Repeatedly.

Both he and his supporters courted sympathy for this incident with his acolytes continuing to do so long after his death.

Kennedy curse may apply to the tragic assassinations, cot death or illnesses.

It does not apply to this lying fuck or choosing to settle two federal sexual harrassment claims or choosing to kill yourself and two innocents by flying in conditions with no relevant qualifications or choosing to lobotomise your fucking kid or choosing to ski in a forrest whist chucking an American football after choosing to ignore multiple warnings or choosing to drink then drive or the conscious choosing of multiple self inflicted due to self entitlement situations.

Ted Kennedy himself quoted the myth of curse after his actions killed Mary No Kopechne whether his official account or otherwise.

Then again my education up to and including Modern Studies higher level the JFK was the greatest president opinion was spewed as fact for reasons you would be correct to assume. Even in Primary school this was aggressively pushed with no debate allowed with any alternative perspectives discouraged in Secondary education.

I am not the only person who experienced this as it seems to have been a common practice.

Rest In Peace Mary Jo Kopechne, or to placate the Kennedy proctologists, the one died at Chapoquiddick.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jo_Kopechne