Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

2 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

There's one lad at workĀ that insists on using my full first name (Jonathan) instead of what I refer to myself as (Jon), even though I use Jon in my signature on all emails and 150+ other staff membersĀ callĀ me Jon. The only people that call me Jonathan are my nan, my mum when I'm getting a bollocking and this prick.Ā 

Start shaking his hand at the end of every shift.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I've debated that in my head a number of times as a natural 'hey' user in spoken conversation. Generally I err on the side of caution as a result when written.. I'll only use it with people I'm more familiar with. So I guess if any of them are like you they just assume I'm an aggressive cunt now.

I start mine with "Hey! Nothing you can say!"...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, cobra_gordo said:

There's one lad at workĀ that insists on using my full first name (Jonathan) instead of what I refer to myself as (Jon), even though I use Jon in my signature on all emails and 150+ other staff membersĀ callĀ me Jon. The only people that call me Jonathan are my nan, my mum when I'm getting a bollocking and this prick.Ā 

I do that with someone and it's solely because they are shorting thier name to seem less middle class and are a cunt, so I know it irritates them.

• Paid Members

Work patter can be the worst. One cunt that thankfully got shitcanned in the Furlough Era created a template that included ā€œI hope that you are wellā€ which is so clunky it makes my teeth hurt. Sadly about three others couldnā€™t be bothered making their own template so when I view clients on our CRM I see the phrase often and am reminded of that terrible piece of shit.

3 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I don't mind this one as it's a good shorthand way of saying "shut up and stop derailing the meeting, I'll talk to you about this later".

It sounds wanky, but it's useful.

I love when a middle manager uses that phrase and one of my level of expendable nobodies knows theyā€™re being called a twat.

Some good candidates for the Daily Shithouse going on here! Proud of you! Ā My favourite thing with those management execuspeak cunts is beating them at their own game. They do it to create an us and them against the uneducated unwashed rabble to show theyā€™re better than us. When theyā€™d pull that shit with me, I used to Gus Hedges the shit out of them. I know other have done this too, but Iā€™d introduce terms based on wrestling initials and constantly use them again and again to the annoyance of everyone to see if theyā€™d catch on. The people who worked theĀ 23:00 - 07:00 shift were always referred to as a night work operative, just so management might have to say ā€œWe had the scale out due to be picked this morning but the nwo have already done halfā€

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

When theyā€™d pull that shit with me, I used to Gus Hedges the shit out of them.

Understand Captain America GIF
Ā 

Pop this in your thought percolater, see if it bubbles up!

• Moderators

I went through a phase of looking up card messages online and using the stupidest ones I could find.

This backfired on me when I wrote a really sappy and saccharine message in this girls leaving card because I thought it was funny, and then it turned out she was just moving to another team in the same company and then thought I secretly fancied her the whole time.

• Paid Members

I once signed my own card in the office when it was passed to me to contribute.Ā 

"To Tommy, best of luck in the new job! From Tommy".

It went around the other 2/3 rds of the office after and no one clocked it.Ā 

• Paid Members

My mate Al just writes "Have a good one, Al" in every card that comes across his desk, assuming it's a birthday card and not bothering to check who it's for.

Thus far it's made it into a couple of retirement cards (not too ill-fitting), several leaving cards (less so) and one unfortunate sympathy card.