Jump to content

Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Getting the Countdown Conundrum or a 9 letter word when no one is there to see it.

People overtaking me on a footpath at 1.0001x my own speed, making no effort to put some distance between us as we stroll shoulder to shoulder for yards upon yards. Also, perfectly functional thr

Currys thinking “Black Fri-Yay” is an acceptable slogan with which to market to adults.

Posted Images

  • Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Does anyone check anyone's profiles anyway? what's even there? I think once I went to someone's profile on purpose, every one of the hundreds of other times I did it it was by accident

I'll occasionally use it to see if someone is banned, lurking or left. The other 99% of the time I've clicked it by accident. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only Twitter users will understand this one, but: people who use the quote-retweet function to have a back and forth conversation, not only flooding the timelines of followers who aren't interested, but making it near impossible to later track for anyone who is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Only Twitter users will understand this one, but: people who use the quote-retweet function to have a back and forth conversation, not only flooding the timelines of followers who aren't interested, but making it near impossible to later track for anyone who is.

What do you mean?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Lip Smacking
  • Heavy "darth vader" breathing
  • Rustling Packets
  • Trainers that are not equally as tight as each other after tying them up (luckily on my 35th birthday i graduated from velcro ones) 
  • People who bag up dog poo in the countryside, but then proceed to throw said bag up a tree 
  • any zip up coat/hoodie that is completely unzipped and flapping about, i have to at least do it up a tiny bit to stop this happening, really grinds my gears otherwise 
Edited by Ralphy
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2020 at 5:09 PM, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Does anyone check anyone's profiles anyway? what's even there? I think once I went to someone's profile on purpose, every one of the hundreds of other times I did it it was by accident

Not intentionally, as someone else said it happened a lot when the old version was loading on my mobile.

Always a bit curious when you see your profile has been visited by folk you've never had any interaction with. So many possibilities 

Anyway, minor annoyance alert: 

When you go to open a resealable pack of ham but the wee corner flap isn't readily available to just open it up. A few minutes later, you've managed to get it, pull it back, and it rips right up the side thus defeating the resealable function. Tends to happen more on the Morrisons market street (£1 more expensive) ham or corned beef. The thing is, if the flap doesn't peel instantly, you know it's going to rip, making it even more annoying. No matter how much care you take. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

When you go to open a resealable pack of ham but the wee corner flap isn't readily available to just open it up. A few minutes later, you've managed to get it, pull it back, and it rips right up the side thus defeating the resealable function. Tends to happen more on the Morrisons market street (£1 more expensive) ham or corned beef. The thing is, if the flap doesn't peel instantly, you know it's going to rip, making it even more annoying. No matter how much care you take. 

Happpened to me this morning and honestly ruined the whole fucking omelette. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

just thought of another, sports socks (all i wear) that when both are being worn, one of them feels "thicker" than the other. I have mostly the same pair just about 20x over of lesser and greater wear 

it just feels wrong on my feet 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

“The following program contains heated confrontations” - seriously, Channel 4? Sex, swearing and gore I can understand warning about in the evening if you’ve let the kids stay up late or something but if you think people need warning about the intensity of Kitchen Nightmares, those people probably spend their whole lives hiding behind the sofa anyway. Lame.

9 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Only Twitter users will understand this one, but: people who use the quote-retweet function to have a back and forth conversation, not only flooding the timelines of followers who aren't interested, but making it near impossible to later track for anyone who is.

Likewise people that don’t un-tag other people in their replies, especially to, for instance, a retweet with multiple accounts tagged, when they’re only replying to one persons point. So if you aren’t that person, your notifications end up flooded with two people’s back and forth argument. The equivalent to works “reply to all” twats, except without the fun of being able to get revenge by trying to get the culprits sacked.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...