Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Does anyone check anyone's profiles anyway? what's even there? I think once I went to someone's profile on purpose, every one of the hundreds of other times I did it it was by accident

I'll occasionally use it to see if someone is banned, lurking or left. The other 99% of the time I've clicked it by accident. 

Only Twitter users will understand this one, but: people who use the quote-retweet function to have a back and forth conversation, not only flooding the timelines of followers who aren't interested, but making it near impossible to later track for anyone who is.

29 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Only Twitter users will understand this one, but: people who use the quote-retweet function to have a back and forth conversation, not only flooding the timelines of followers who aren't interested, but making it near impossible to later track for anyone who is.

What do you mean?

• Paid Members
On 11/5/2020 at 5:09 PM, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Does anyone check anyone's profiles anyway? what's even there? I think once I went to someone's profile on purpose, every one of the hundreds of other times I did it it was by accident

Not intentionally, as someone else said it happened a lot when the old version was loading on my mobile.

Always a bit curious when you see your profile has been visited by folk you've never had any interaction with. So many possibilities 

Anyway, minor annoyance alert: 

When you go to open a resealable pack of ham but the wee corner flap isn't readily available to just open it up. A few minutes later, you've managed to get it, pull it back, and it rips right up the side thus defeating the resealable function. Tends to happen more on the Morrisons market street (£1 more expensive) ham or corned beef. The thing is, if the flap doesn't peel instantly, you know it's going to rip, making it even more annoying. No matter how much care you take. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

When you go to open a resealable pack of ham but the wee corner flap isn't readily available to just open it up. A few minutes later, you've managed to get it, pull it back, and it rips right up the side thus defeating the resealable function. Tends to happen more on the Morrisons market street (£1 more expensive) ham or corned beef. The thing is, if the flap doesn't peel instantly, you know it's going to rip, making it even more annoying. No matter how much care you take. 

Happpened to me this morning and honestly ruined the whole fucking omelette. 

• Paid Members

“The following program contains heated confrontations” - seriously, Channel 4? Sex, swearing and gore I can understand warning about in the evening if you’ve let the kids stay up late or something but if you think people need warning about the intensity of Kitchen Nightmares, those people probably spend their whole lives hiding behind the sofa anyway. Lame.

9 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Likewise people that don’t un-tag other people in their replies, especially to, for instance, a retweet with multiple accounts tagged, when they’re only replying to one persons point. So if you aren’t that person, your notifications end up flooded with two people’s back and forth argument. The equivalent to works “reply to all” twats, except without the fun of being able to get revenge by trying to get the culprits sacked.

4 hours ago, LEGIT said:

People/groups of people taking up all the space and walking very slowly in narrow corridors, supermarket aisles or staircases. Annoying 

I have a version of this, which is pavements. People who walk two abreast, see you coming the other way, but then put their head down and don't move over, forcing you into the road. I even have one of these when I'm walking with a mate, see people coming toward us and know there's not enough space, so I drop back to go single file, only for my mate to stop because I've slowed down. You might be a mate, but look around you, fuffuxake.