WyattSheepMask Posted June 12 Posted June 12 (edited) I’ve had a pair of Anker Soundcore A1 earbuds for a couple of years and find the sound quality is great with them and the fit is really nice. Only downside to them is that it’s a press button rather than a touch button. They do come with some different moulds to help with different fits, but I’ve always found that the one that was one fit fine. The A40s seem to be the latest model of them and will set you round £45-£50 when Amazon have them in A few months ago I took the plunge on buying some over ear headphones es rather than earbuds, and opted for the Heavy’s H1Hs. You might have seen them advertised on Instagram as being “FOR METALHEADZ~!”, which is what I’d normally listen to but wasn’t why I bought them (nor I did I fall for the changeable side plates gimmick either). After a bit of tinkering with the EQ settings in their app, I found what I like and they sound incredible, but they can be a little quiet so you tend to have your phone volume almost on full most of the time. The ANC works great but personally I think they sound better without it, I always find that the bass is a lot punchier without ANC. As much as I like them, and I really fucking do, they are absolutely massive, and I’ve got a pretty big noggin as it is. I got mine for £160 off of eBay (secondhand but barely used), whilst a new pair will set you back £275. They do have offers ALL THE TIME on their website & socials though, so more likely around £220-£240 depending on what offer they’re running at the time. Edited June 12 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Paid Members Bus Surfer Posted June 12 Paid Members Posted June 12 The Soundcore headphones are pretty great imo I've had a couple of pairs over time and have been using the P20i's now for probably 2 years. I'm no Audiophile, but they sound fine to me for music and audio books. Never had an issue with fit and the battery is always decent. They often seem to be on sale also. I much prefer them to a set of Beats I have which cost far more. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted June 12 Paid Members Posted June 12 2 hours ago, Slapnut said: You're not alone Lorne, I had the exact same problem with a pair of Google Pixel in ear headphones I got free with my phone. I had to do a "seal test" or something where the app told me whether they were in my ears correctly. I don't need an app to tell me that when they're falling out every few minutes. I also have Google Pixel ones that came as a free gift with my phone too. With an RRP of about £110 they are easily the most expensive earphones I've owned. They don't fit that well, don't even have volume available as a touch control (thought this would be a given for any earbuds), and the case battery drains down in no time. They have a couple of nice features, such as playback stopping automatically if they come out of your ear, but on the whole they aren't as good as the past few pairs I've had off Amazon that cost less than half the price. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted June 12 Posted June 12 1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said: I’ve had a pair of Anker Soundcore A1 earbuds for a couple of years and find the sound quality is great with them and the fit is really nice. Only downside to them is that it’s a press button rather than a touch button. They do come with some different moulds to help with different fits, but I’ve always found that the one that was one fit fine. The A40s seem to be the latest model of them and will set you round £45-£50 when Amazon have them in A few months ago I took the plunge on buying some over ear headphones es rather than earbuds, and opted for the Heavy’s H1Hs. You might have seen them advertised on Instagram as being “FOR METALHEADZ~!”, which is what I’d normally listen to but wasn’t why I bought them (nor I did I fall for the changeable side plates gimmick either). After a bit of tinkering with the EQ settings in their app, I found what I like and they sound incredible, but they can be a little quiet so you tend to have your phone volume almost on full most of the time. The ANC works great but personally I think they sound better without it, I always find that the bass is a lot punchier without ANC. As much as I like them, and I really fucking do, they are absolutely massive, and I’ve got a pretty big noggin as it is. I got mine for £160 off of eBay (secondhand but barely used), whilst a new pair will set you back £275. They do have offers ALL THE TIME on their website & socials though, so more likely around £220-£240 depending on what offer they’re running at the time. The Soundcore A1 are surprisingly great for the £70 or so I paid for them. Lasted me about 4 years until the battery started dying on them. I’ve got a different pair from the soundcore range and they’re equally as good. Quote
King Coconut Posted June 12 Posted June 12 Yeah, soundcore are the business. A much higher quality than you'd get from anyone else for the price. Quote
simonworden Posted June 13 Posted June 13 Soundcore were great when I used them, but they've become harder to get here. I've switched to AWEI as they're cheap, last a while and have amazing batteries. Problem I have is that wireless headphones with a wire between the two buds are getting harder to find with adequate sweat proofing for the gym. Earbuds slip out or I'm constantly fighting getting them both to pair correctly, so I've resigned myself from ever using them. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted June 13 Paid Members Posted June 13 21 hours ago, Wretch said: On a punt a few years ago, I swapped my trusty headphones for some Samsung in-ear buds as I seen a decent offer somewhere online. Asked for a refund the same day they came through the post as they were absolutely horrible. They would just not sit properly, and I was sat still on my sofa! A slow paced walk would have them falling out every ten seconds. They came with three different sizes of bud for the optimal fit, and they were all as shite as each other. I'm convinced the designer had never seen a human ear before. Look at the fucking state of these. Still puzzled over the five star reviews. Do we just have abnormal sized ears or something? Yep, got those free with a Samsung phone and they were fucking awful things. Constantly just dropping out and bouncing all over the pavement. Either that or you had to keep pushing them back in which activated the touch control and turned off what you were listening to. They must have known they were shite as the next set I got free with a phone actually have proper ear things. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted June 13 Paid Members Posted June 13 (edited) My work got me some Bose sound cancelling headphones as part of my autism thing. Bloody amazing stuff, I ended up buying some for my wife for Christmas. Edited June 13 by ReturnOfTheMack Can't spell Quote
Thefatduck Posted June 14 Posted June 14 I don’t really use earphones that much but have some Sony WF-C710N. They fit pretty well and are comfy once in. Sound is decent enough and they adapt to what you are doing. However, I use a Snoozeband everyday and can hand-on-heart say it has changed how much and how well i sleep. Very thin speakers inside a soft band. Very simple controls; three tiny buttons. You can pull it over your eyes if that’s your sort of thing. It is SO comfortable to sleep in Pop it on a bed time, load up some sort of wrestling podcast, set the timer for an hour and Roger is your mother’s brother. https://www.snoozeband.co.uk/products/bluetooth-sleeping-headphones Quote
Paid Members Jesse Posted June 14 Paid Members Posted June 14 Yeah I'm a huge Snoozeband lover. My only annoyance these days is I have a full face CPAP mask so I can't pull it down over my eyes any more and it sometimes gets a little annoying having so much shit on me with the multiple bands of the CPAP and the snoozeband. Not really its fault though, it's mine for being a fat git who can't breathe normal Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted June 15 Paid Members Posted June 15 On 6/13/2026 at 7:39 PM, Ralphy said: Do you prefer in ear or over ear head phones? I have the following two pairs and are great value for money, especially the sound core ones (second link The sound core ones are pricey atm, but look for deals as I paid about £25 less for mine In ear https://amzn.eu/d/06pZyGM7 Those are very similar to the ones I usually go for, but actually a bit cheaper, so I'll likely be going for those next time. If I don't get on with them, at least its only £19 lost instead of £90! Thanks for the recommendation. Quote
Paid Members Bus Surfer Posted June 16 Paid Members Posted June 16 https://amzn.eu/d/0iirutNf Soundcore P31i buds currently on sale. Very favourable reviews. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted June 16 Paid Members Posted June 16 I'm a big fan of the Shokx openrun range. They are available on eBay for around £40. Which is pretty good value for a bone conducton set. Quote
Tamura Posted June 18 Posted June 18 Football dickheads in cars tooting their horns like England have just won the world cup, when we've only won the first group match. Also getting a letter today telling me I have an appointment for a chest x-ray and how it's important to attend. Naturally the appointment was yesterday, fucking Royal Mail. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted June 19 Paid Members Posted June 19 “Sunday morning tryouts” in that awful Skoda “famlyin” ad. Football faked for telly nearly always looks shite but this is one of the worst examples I’ve ever seen. Six human beings stood like statues in the six yard box while one taps it into the net from no distance with keeper nor defenders having made any attempt to get close in the whole time she’s been stood there with the ball waiting for Northern mum to drive past. I doubt anyone involved in the filming has ever watched football, much less played it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.