CTXRussomark Posted April 22 Posted April 22 1 hour ago, tiger_rick said: I seem to be signed up to some algorithm on Google that constantly updates me on businesses that are dying, almost always from the Express or Mail. It's annoying and I can't get rid of it. Also, the clickbait is always like "Major UK Furniture Business enters Administration" and it's a company who make feet for sofas or something. Yes, same here! "Renowned Scottish manufacturer to cease trading after 150 years" and it's some local family business up in the highlands or something. I don’t even know what app the notifications are coming from - they just appear every few days and I can't resist clicking on them. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 22 Paid Members Posted April 22 36 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: I literally just got this: Not even sure why I'm getting it. Haven't been to a Maccy D's in years. The rival in question is some company called Burger Chef?! I just got that as well Gooshy. Perhaps it is something about coming on a wrestling forum that makes the algorithm think we would like to know about burger joints closing. Quote
King Mal the Glorious Posted April 22 Posted April 22 I also got that this morning. Usually it's just wrestling/gaming related clickbait. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted April 22 Moderators Posted April 22 Ha! My mum got a link to that yesterday. What is going on... Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted April 22 Paid Members Posted April 22 6 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: Ha! My mum got a link to that yesterday. What is going on... Clearly your mum's on the 'Keff too. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 22 Members Posted April 22 30 minutes ago, CTXRussomark said: "Renowned Scottish manufacturer to cease trading after 150 years" Panicked for a second and thought Ann had finally put Tunnocks out of business with all her freebies. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 22 Paid Members Posted April 22 My one of those today was about “iconic British band” that turned out to be Enter Shikari. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted April 22 Paid Members Posted April 22 It was a version of Wet Wet Wet with one original member, that wasn't Pellow. Quote
Tamura Posted April 22 Posted April 22 2 hours ago, CTXRussomark said: Yes, same here! "Renowned Scottish manufacturer to cease trading after 150 years" and it's some local family business up in the highlands or something. I don’t even know what app the notifications are coming from - they just appear every few days and I can't resist clicking on them. If it's the same ones I'm thinking of, I finally (in that I've not had any for a few days now) got rid of them by opening the main Google app on my phone, opened my profile on the top right hand corner, selected Settings, then Notifications, and turned off all the crap alerts about weather and news (that I'd never turned on in the first place). Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 30 Members Posted April 30 Got an interview tomorrow. 3.30pm on a Friday afternoon, almost certainly the last of the day. So they'll have had a whole day of it, want to go home and then I roll in talking nonsense last knockings. Great. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 30 Paid Members Posted April 30 2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Got an interview tomorrow. 3.30pm on a Friday afternoon, almost certainly the last of the day. So they'll have had a whole day of it, want to go home and then I roll in talking nonsense last knockings. Great. On the Friday afternoon of a Bank Holiday weekend. Good luck. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted May 1 Paid Members Posted May 1 One of my colleagues, who is otherwise a delight, uses “OG” in a professional capacity. Example “Make sure she draws down the OG stock before moving on to the new batch.” It goes right through me. Original gangster stock. Original gangster account. Original gangster invoice. Could you not?? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 9 Posted May 9 People I follow on social media who end up getting successful and just turn into PR machines all putting out the same content at the same events and losing their own identities. Or the number of times they end up doing books or something. It all feels so disingenuous. I get that it's nice to have success but it's just depressing when they all become carbon copies once they get to a certain level. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted May 9 Posted May 9 Normal people who thank the company on social media when they buy a new pair of trainers/clothing/tech/etc even though they paid for it with their own money. Don't caption your posts "shout out to Nike for the new trainers!" like you got given them for free as part of a brand deal. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted May 10 Paid Members Posted May 10 6 hours ago, Ralphy said: Most affordable prescription glasses, in person anyway, seem to be the size of jupiter, and consume my entire face, might as well just buy a face shield with a visor at this point with my prescription in the sheild On the plus side, giant nan glasses are really in fashion at the minute. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.