Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted May 11 Paid Members Posted May 11 People who start every answer to a question with “So…” before actually giving their answer. I never noticed this at all until my wife pointed it out and now I can’t not notice it and it now irrationally drives me up the fucking wall. It seems to be much more of an American thing. Mrs Wand has become quite a fan of the Court TV YouTube channel lately for some reason. The kids go to bed and she’ll whack ‘Day 5 of the ______ trial’ on the telly for a bit. Every night it’s like I’m on jury service in my own house. And it seems like every fucker on there does the “So…” bollocks every time they’re asked something while on the stand. I’m hearing it everywhere now. I can’t not hear it and I hate it. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 11 Posted May 11 4 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said: I can’t not hear it and I hate it. I have this but with music. I'll love a song for ages and then randomly hear like a background noise that I hadn't taken much notice of before, like a drum or something, and then it's the only damn thing I can hear every time I hear the song. Stupid brains. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted May 11 Paid Members Posted May 11 1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said: People who start every answer to a question with “So…” before actually giving their answer. Watch any Bryan Danielson interview and he does this a lot. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted May 12 Awards Moderator Posted May 12 I notice I do something similar with “Well” and I hate it. Trying to train myself to stop, which I have managed to do with other verbal habits in the past. It used to be throwing “sort of” into every sentence. I must be very annoying to have a conversation with but I’m trying to get better! Quote
Dai Posted May 12 Posted May 12 14 hours ago, wandshogun09 said: People who start every answer to a question with “So…” before actually giving their answer. I never noticed this at all until my wife pointed it out and now I can’t not notice it and it now irrationally drives me up the fucking wall. It seems to be much more of an American thing. Mrs Wand has become quite a fan of the Court TV YouTube channel lately for some reason. The kids go to bed and she’ll whack ‘Day 5 of the ______ trial’ on the telly for a bit. Every night it’s like I’m on jury service in my own house. And it seems like every fucker on there does the “So…” bollocks every time they’re asked something while on the stand. I’m hearing it everywhere now. I can’t not hear it and I hate it. People on quiz shows over here to do it constantly too. "So..." or "Yeah So...". A quiz show host may just ask "Whats your name and where are you from?", and if its a younger person then it will nearly always starts with "Yeah so...". I cant bot notice it too, now. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted May 12 Paid Members Posted May 12 Myself and my boss (both called Daniel, both go by Dan) are presently engaged in a series of quite challenging meetings with an outsourced provider. The lead representative from the other side begins EVERY SINGLE RESPONSE by saying "So Daniel..." and it's driving me up the fucking wall. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted May 12 Paid Members Posted May 12 7 hours ago, Statto said: Myself and my boss (both called Daniel, both go by Dan) are presently engaged Congratulations to you both! But yeah, the “so” thing really boils my piss. Just adding words in where there’s no need. Worst thing is, my Mrs noticed it but it doesn’t bother her. I hadn’t picked up on it until she pointed it out. Why couldn’t she just allow me my peace? Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted May 12 Paid Members Posted May 12 1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said: Congratulations to you both! When writing that post this morning, that connotation crossed my mind but I thought "nah, no-one will pick up on that..." Quote
deathrey Posted May 20 Posted May 20 What the fuck is the weather? We had the heating on yesterday and from tomorrow there will be a heatwave with highs of 29 degrees. On Sunday I am meant to be climbing the Malverns, I'm going to die (I have a sun allergy). What are the chances that the one day I've got someone to look after the kids and I can go off and enjoy a day with my friends, the weather decides to turn in to a Spanish summer day?! I think I am more than minor annoyed. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 20 Paid Members Posted May 20 12 minutes ago, deathrey said: What the fuck is the weather? We had the heating on yesterday and from tomorrow there will be a heatwave with highs of 29 degrees. On Sunday I am meant to be climbing the Malverns, I'm going to die (I have a sun allergy). What are the chances that the one day I've got someone to look after the kids and I can go off and enjoy a day with my friends, the weather decides to turn in to a Spanish summer day?! I think I am more than minor annoyed. Yeah they can fuck right off with those temperatures in May. And at any other time, too. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted May 20 Moderators Posted May 20 We're camping at a festival this weekend. We go to this same one every year and the weather at this time of year is touch and go so I don't like to complain, but 30 degrees is going to be a struggle! Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 20 Members Posted May 20 Yeah 30 degrees at the football this weekend in a stadium, having to get on trains and tubes to get there is not making me happy at all. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted May 21 Awards Moderator Posted May 21 Come to Edinburgh. It’s raining. It’s always raining. Heatwave? Nah, it’ll be raining. I will ask you all to fix the roof while you’re here though. Quote
deathrey Posted May 21 Posted May 21 4 hours ago, Ralphy said: Oh, I'm legitimately really sad you can't go for the walk over Malvern. It looks incredible and walking is an absolute life hack to feel better to a degree, especially in rural areas Isnt there anything you can do to help you be able to avoid the symptoms of your allergy? The map for the weather here in the black country says it's 30 degrees on Monday Maybe we should create a go fund me on here for you to go climb mount Everest to avoid your allergy The only spin I can really put on this to offer even a speck of relief is you won't have to possibly endure the complete insufferable bellends who seem to appear even moreso when it's blazing hot here My friends is coming down from London especially for it so I think I have to go and just suffer the consequences. I'll take antihistamines, wear SPF and cover up every part of visible skin and hope for the best. I'll likely spend Monday laying down covered in steroid creams to reduce all the swelling. Part of me refuses to let the weather dictate what I can and can't do, I end up sat inside all summer and I can't do anything with my kids and it's really frustrating. But then when the physical effects of it hit in, I end up in a situation where I regret ever trying to do anything. Anyway, I'll deal with it, I'm going to go. I'm just fucked off that the weather had to be hot on that particular day and UV is high. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted May 31 Paid Members Posted May 31 Misjudging the hummus to pitta ratios. Sometimes the situation can be salvaged by mopping up buckets with the last few slithers of pitta. At least today it was hummus I was left with (the least worst option) rather than dry bread. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.