DavidB6937 Posted June 26 Posted June 26 Sure I've ranted about it before but I don't care. People that just straight up steal shit on social media, post it and then get all the likes. Fuck off you unoriginal bastards. Share the original post. Give people credit when they create something good or funny or whatever. Fuck off with your fake likes for something you didn't even do in the first place. Note: yes, I understand sometimes things get too far gone to the point where it's really difficult to find the original poster, but most of the time thieves are just thieving. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted June 26 Paid Members Posted June 26 the worst version of that is someone posting an image or a video, with a caption like "WHO MADE THIS??!!" - I don't know, maybe the account you stole it from? Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted June 26 Moderators Posted June 26 (edited) Au contraire, the worst is when the original video just plays out uninterrupted on half the screen whilst their stupid fucking mug occupies the other half, thoughtfully stroking their chin and/or pointing at the original video in silence. Edited June 26 by Chest Rockwell Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 I expect to get grief for this, but I have a new one about changing language. For the longest time in IKEA I’d notice a bit of wonky use of “co-worker” on some of the posters, I think it may have been “if you can’t find XYZ ask a co-worker for assistance” or something. I probably won’t explain this properly but.. co-worker needs context. It’s not like “staff” or “team member” - you’re someone’s co-worker i.e. teammate, person you work worth. You wouldn’t spot a hi viz bloke in the street and say “wonder if he’s a co-worker on the new development” etc. Or saying “that Arsenal teammate that missed the penalty.” It’s like having a subject without an object or the appropriate object. It rattled me even though it shouldn’t. But I put it down to poor translation and (eventually) moved on with my life, irked but more or less unbroken by the experience. The reason I bring it up is because that Sainsburys ad where Fry mentions “colleagues like Charlotte” is making my brain itch. Charlotte isn’t my colleague, nor Stephen Frys colleague, nor colleague of any of the customers seeing the advert except for Sainsburys employees. Why are you using the word?? It simply doesn’t fit. I know, I know. Get help, check my hard drive etc. Though what the coppers would do with endless wrestling lists and my Futurama rip off scripts is beyond me. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 thanks, I hadn't noticed that and now it's going to drive me fucking mental. Similarly, any business that isn't a hotel but refers to their customers as "guests". Quote
Tamura Posted July 3 Posted July 3 People that spend ages leafing through books at charity shops. They are 50p each or three for a quid, just take a gamble and buy it without spending 20 minutes blocking everyone else's access to the bookcase. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 3 Members Posted July 3 Food packaging. I sometimes buy the precooked chicken from Tesco so I can whack it quickly in a salad or on some rice. I say quickly, the packaging is absolutely impossible to open. Surely there is an easier way than me grabbing a sharp knife and stabbing it. See also packs of Bacon. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 3 Posted July 3 1 hour ago, Tamura said: People that spend ages leafing through books at charity shops. They are 50p each or three for a quid, just take a gamble and buy it without spending 20 minutes blocking everyone else's access to the bookcase. They say death and taxes are the only certainties in life but no, if I go in a charity shop then I'm damn well coming out with books. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 People saying “it is what it is”. I can’t be doing with it at all. Just a nothing phrase. Something a person says when they’ve got absolutely sod all of value to add to a conversation but want to hear their own voice anyway. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 Far inferior to the Soprano's equivalent of "What are you gonna' do?". Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 9 hours ago, air_raid said: I expect to get grief for this, but I have a new one about changing language. For the longest time in IKEA I’d notice a bit of wonky use of “co-worker” on some of the posters, I think it may have been “if you can’t find XYZ ask a co-worker for assistance” or something. I probably won’t explain this properly but.. co-worker needs context. It’s not like “staff” or “team member” - you’re someone’s co-worker i.e. teammate, person you work worth. You wouldn’t spot a hi viz bloke in the street and say “wonder if he’s a co-worker on the new development” etc. Or saying “that Arsenal teammate that missed the penalty.” It’s like having a subject without an object or the appropriate object. It rattled me even though it shouldn’t. But I put it down to poor translation and (eventually) moved on with my life, irked but more or less unbroken by the experience. The reason I bring it up is because that Sainsburys ad where Fry mentions “colleagues like Charlotte” is making my brain itch. Charlotte isn’t my colleague, nor Stephen Frys colleague, nor colleague of any of the customers seeing the advert except for Sainsburys employees. Why are you using the word?? It simply doesn’t fit. I know, I know. Get help, check my hard drive etc. Though what the coppers would do with endless wrestling lists and my Futurama rip off scripts is beyond me. Sequel - this lunchtime the Asda self serve said “a colleague is coming to help you.” I thought “Doubt one of the lads who cuts the curtains will be much use here.” Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 3 Posted July 3 Any video I see that's "Trying the 'viral'.." just gives me the ick. Why can't you just do what you fucking want instead of being a bunch of sheep. Also anyone that says "gives me the ick." Twats. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 4 Posted July 4 Group of teens on the train vaping and making TikToks. Combining so many of my annoyances. Vaping where you're not meant to. Phones on loud noise on public transport. If I wasn't just on for 2 stops I might have said something. I really hope my kids don't end up like that. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 6 Posted July 6 I moved 3 times through 3 different carriages to get away from a wasp on the train and the little cunt followed me the whole way. Bet he didn't even pay for a ticket the wanker. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.